No boost!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here and in need of help....I’ve got no boost. 2017 raptor. I recently installed the Cobb stage 2 kit and ran amazing for about 2 months. Last weekend went on vacation and was going up a steep grade and was in the throttle hard for about 2 minutes then all boost went away. Pulled off and read codes and this is what came up- p0299, p061a, p25b4. I took it to my mechanic (cause I know what the dealership is gonna tell me with it not being stock). He did a smoke test and all intake plumbing is good. You can hear the turbos or turbo (if one has failed) spooling but only 1.5 psi of boost until the wrench come up then no noise at all. Plugged in a scanner tool and tried to actuate the waste gate solenoids but they wouldn’t respond. Purchased new solenoids and the same outcome. Not really sure where to go from here. Any input would be amazing!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On IDS, the wastegate solenoids are only able to be activated through the PTS diagnostic routine. Last I looked there was no Active Command PID available in IDS, which may explain why your scan tool wasn’t able to command the wastegates.

P0299 is underboost, which is expected given the symptoms you’re experiencing. P25B4 definition is below:

P25B4 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate A Stuck Closed

Description: This DTC sets when the turbocharger wastegate 1 is at a lower angle than commanded.
Possible Causes:
  • Turbocharger wastegate 1 stuck closed
  • Turbocharger wastegate 1 linkage binding
  • TCWGM1- circuit open
  • TCWGM1+ circuit open
  • TCWGM1+ and TCWGM1- circuits are shorted together
Diagnostic Aids: Check the turbocharger wastegate

Did the wastegates move freelet when you replaced the solenoids? If so, next things to check are a stuck open or blown bypass valve. If no issue there then check the turbochargers for damage by removing the intake tubing so you can inspect the compressor wheels.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go to:Troubleshooting > reset ECU.

That should bring boost back with no codes. The truck seems a torque mismatch down in low rpm; with higher than expected loads.

Flapjack935

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe an ECU reset. I’ve read in the past even the stock BOV has become fully open sometimes not allowing boost.

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need Help!
Getting a wrench after about 30 minutes of driving. Throws a code turbocharger/supercharger wastegate A is stuck closed (P25B4). Shut truck off for 10 minutes and it clears itself only to happen again in about 15 minutes. Feel a power loss as if 1 turbo is not working. Replaced blowoff valve, both solenoids and adjusted to the same shaft length. Anyway to adjust and check voltage without taking to dealer?
Any ideas?