No 4LO, TCS, ORM, or Locker with Long Travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I've posted on this forum and I'm in need of some help from the programming/wiring gurus out there.

Recently I had long travel suspension installed on my truck. The suspension is basically a Blitzkrieg 4wd long travel kit with King 3.5 bypasses, 2.5 coilovers, and 2.5 bumpstops. This suspension is not a bolt on kit and requires a lot of fabrication. With that being said, the fab work involved requires removal/modification to a few systems on the truck, one of those being ABS. Now that the truck no longer has functioning ABS, a few other systems have been affected as well. I no longer have functioning Off Road Mode, Hill Decent, the Traction Control System cannot be turned off, the rear locker cannot be engaged, and 4LO will not engage. I'm assuming all these systems are tied into the ABS and not being able to use them is a byproduct of the removal of ABS.
I'm okay with not having Off Road Mode or Hill Decent, but I absolutely want my locker to engage and to be able to turn off the TCS. 4LO would be nice to have as well, but its rarely used.
I'm hoping some of you may know of some programming that can be done through ForScan or something that could help with getting these systems working again. I've done a little research and believe I can wire in a switch to get the locker working again, but not sure about traction control or 4LO.
Any advice or help that can the provided would be greatly appreciated.

-Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8727.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8727.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 48
  • thumbnail_IMG_8157.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8157.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_8677.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8677.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 48

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Maybe look at a jumper for the locker, or wire up a switch for it. Think you are missing the wheel speed sensors with the removal of the ABS. The locker looks at the speed and disengage over 25 mph, at least in my Gen 2 it does.

Have any more pictures of the new suspension? Are those 37s or 40s tires? Truck looks good.

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks amazing. Nothing to add on trouble shooting unfortunately, but would love to get your thoughts on the LT kit.

OP
OP
RangerRob

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe look at a jumper for the locker, or wire up a switch for it. Think you are missing the wheel speed sensors with the removal of the ABS. The locker looks at the speed and disengage over 25 mph, at least in my Gen 2 it does.

Have any more pictures of the new suspension? Are those 37s or 40s tires? Truck looks good.
Thanks for your input @Nex. A jumper and wiring up a switch is the direction I assumed I'd be going in order to get the locker working. I'll have to look into the wheel speed sensors. They are definitely gone on the front of the truck now. The tires are 37s.

Truck looks amazing. Nothing to add on trouble shooting unfortunately, but would love to get your thoughts on the LT kit.
Thanks @bubbarob. The LT kit and the fabrication that was done on the truck is awesome and I'm extremely happy with it all. Even with zero shock tuning, the truck smashes through some really big whoops in the desert.

Here are a few more pictures for you guys.

-Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5777.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5777.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 37
  • thumbnail_IMG_5776.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5776.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail_IMG_7912.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7912.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail_IMG_5171.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5171.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail_IMG_7680.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7680.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your input @Nex. A jumper and wiring up a switch is the direction I assumed I'd be going in order to get the locker working. I'll have to look into the wheel speed sensors. They are definitely gone on the front of the truck now. The tires are 37s.

Thanks @bubbarob. The LT kit and the fabrication that was done on the truck is awesome and I'm extremely happy with it all. Even with zero shock tuning, the truck smashes through some really big whoops in the desert.

Here are a few more pictures for you guys.

-Rob
Looks like a ripper now. I am working on installing a BMS midtravel.

So are you running race hubs up front and that is why you lost the wheel speed sensor? I haven’t looked at their long travel in a while to remember what the options were.

I was thinking on going with a fabricated housing down the road and was thinking about how I might be able to use the oem switch for the locker on another electric locker.

Anyways to your question, do you know what the requirements are to lock the locker? You could probably wire up a switch/relay and send a home run from the battery or from a distribution box if you have one.

I wonder if the oem switch still has power going to it with your abs missing? If it does, you could use the out front that switch to witch a relay.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
time for a new diff... there's all kinds of lockers out there, or aftermarket hq had a locker module for the stock eld...

OP
OP
RangerRob

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time for a new diff... there's all kinds of lockers out there, or aftermarket hq had a locker module for the stock eld...
I talked with Walter about that locker module you mention a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, he stopped selling those things. Complete new axle is what I want to get but that will be a little while.