NickPic83's SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbkid0486

Reaction score
so I got a couple updates done since last post. I finally got around to reinstalling the LED bar and fogs onto the front bumper. I also had it completely undercoated this past October and most recently got started on the RPG bump kit. Just waiting on the Fox bumps to arrive! Also waiting on the SVT center caps.

Up next is shock rebuilds and back bumper/dovetail(?). Will update again soon.

841203FF-71A3-418F-A2AE-77FAE6E978FD_zpso6soykbi.jpg

235CC8FE-DF48-4BDA-A936-09507592F4DF_zps06wuy5ed.jpg

Last edited:

dbkid0486

Reaction score
Last week I had all shocks rebuilt at Raptor Kustomz. Feels like a brand new truck! Thanks Rory!

And today, not that its anything major, but I had the fuse 27 relocation kit installed.

I also finally greased the splines on the drive shaft. Boy, what a difference it makes. From the day I purchased the truck I had felt the surging during gear shifts or when coming to a stop. I always assumed it was due to the aftermarket tune. I had two seperate tuners rewrite tunes for me for this exact reason. Now I can barely feel the shifts at all. Feels like Im driving in a lincoln! If anyone hasnt done this, do it, NOW! And make sure you use the right stuff from Amosil, not the crappy PTFE from Ford. Talk to Chris Kelly from Freedom Motorsports and he'll get you the right lube for the job.

I also went to install the SVT center caps from Vince, and while they were definitely a quality product, I wasnt aware of the size differences of the rims before ordering. I wasnt happy with them not being flush. I am in talks with another machinist to try and get a set made to my spec. Photo of them not sitting flush

578CE9D3-DED1-4206-AE31-772802FCE48A_zpsnmig9aan.jpg

Last edited:

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I had all shocks rebuilt at Raptor Kustomz. Feels like a brand new truck! Thanks Rory!

And today, not that its anything major, but I had the fuse 27 relocation kit installed.

I also finally greased the splines on the drive shaft. Boy, what a difference it makes. From the day I purchased the truck I had felt the surging during gear shifts or when coming to a stop. I always assumed it was due to the aftermarket tune. I had two seperate tuners rewrite tunes for me for this exact reason. Now I can barely feel the shifts at all. Feels like Im driving in a lincoln! If anyone hasnt done this, do it, NOW! And make sure you use the right stuff from Amosil, not the crappy PTFE from Ford. Talk to Chris Kelly from Freedom Motorsports and he'll get you the right lube for the job.

I also went to install the SVT center caps from Vince, and while they were definitely a quality product, I wasnt aware of the size differences of the rims before ordering. I wasnt happy with them not being flush. I am in talks with another machinist to try and get a set made to my spec. Photo of them not sitting flush

578CE9D3-DED1-4206-AE31-772802FCE48A_zpsnmig9aan.jpg

You greased the splines of the 2 shafts (LEFT and Right), any picture?

dbkid0486

Reaction score
You greased the splines of the 2 shafts (LEFT and Right), any picture?

I greased the end of the driveshaft that goes into the transfer case. ThenVideo below shows what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/79Qo-806n9g

the end of this piece that isn't visible as its in the case. Sorry I didn't take any pics during process because I was holding the driveshaft.

BD084E3A-768F-45DB-B3FE-F6A229C07163_zpsqe6vngw0.jpg

77E68836-12E8-40EF-A79A-DB4CD2ED5D70_zpsuobhcp1s.jpg

dbkid0486

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm quiet in here.....Get to work Jimmy, stop neglecting it lol

haha never. Photobucket just went to shit so I stopped uploading until I can figure out a host to use. Just recently we redid the front end, new uppers and lower bushings. I also installed the PSS reservoir and cooler. I'm looking into rewrapping the hood and bedsides but I also have a PS leak that needs to be addressed that we forgot about when doing the res/cooler install.

She misses you btw. She thought you'd be around a lot more. She's sad sometimes because she doesn't understand. I tell her it wasn't her and that it was you, but she still gives me this look. Tears me apart everytime.