Next-Gen Ford F-150 Raptor Will Get Supercharged 5.2L Predator V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you truly believe that why not get some financing & startup an EV charging business buddy

Put your $$$ where you mouth is- if you’re even 1/2 correct you’ll be the next Elon Musk billionaire

OR maybe everyone will start coming back down to reality & make a stab @ figuring out how to make the power grid actually green, how to recycle the batteries, how to charge em in an equivalent amount of time it takes to fill up a gas tank (bahaha Hahahahah good luck on that one, even 30 mins would be a DRAMATIC improvement but would still be 5-6x longer than it takes to fuel up a big truck lol) how to mine/refine the battery material w/o wrecking the environment or leaning on near slave labor to do it.....

Hybrid tech is where we’re truly headed IMHO- makes a helluva lot more sense. Baby steps w/ the EV stuff- think of how INSANE it is to purchase a vehicle that you can’t just jump in & drive “anywhere” because there are 1/1000000 the amount of charging stations available relative to gas stations

it’s literally nuts- and only for the people w/ the $$$/means to not give a F where the next charging station is
I agree on the hybrid thing, seems to be the logical solution with the present infrastructure, not sure how they can mass produce electric only at this point, but they are pushing it up here, we have only 19 years to go and every new vehicle sold has to be 100% non carbon dependent. A lot can happen in that time. Aliens might come here and take me away, hopefully!

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My prediction is there will be EV self driving cars for "local" transportation in 5-10 years.
No need for millions of charging stations or tracking the amount of charge left. Taxes on private cars and trucks is going Up Up Up.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hybrid tech is where we’re truly headed IMHO- makes a helluva lot more sense. Baby steps w/ the EV stuff- think of how INSANE it is to purchase a vehicle that you can’t just jump in & drive “anywhere” because there are 1/1000000 the amount of charging stations available relative to gas stations

it’s literally nuts- and only for the people w/ the $$$/means to not give a F where the next charging station is

This point is a bit overblown, as the majority of people aren't going on 300+ mile treks on a regular basis, and simply are not going to need to just drive anywhere like you're suggesting. As well, you could very easily have two vehicles in a household, one reserved for in town use only while the other for longer trips. Really, the idea that both vehicles in a household need to have long range capability is like saying both vehicles need to be trucks for hauling and towing.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This point is a bit overblown, as the majority of people aren't going on 300+ mile treks on a regular basis, and simply are not going to need to just drive anywhere like you're suggesting. As well, you could very easily have two vehicles in a household, one reserved for in town use only while the other for longer trips. Really, the idea that both vehicles in a household need to have long range capability is like saying both vehicles need to be trucks for hauling and towing.

Do you do a lot of traveling through the US? Soooooo many places are rural, & the places that are densely populated? You can find a gas station pretty much anywhere. Sure you could put the odd charging station here & there out in country areas may appease some people...may not, but the idea that the NJ/NY area could have majority EVs is crazy to me- traffic jams up the ass he second an idiot runs out of charge & backs up the GW bridge lol!! Imagine if we had 1/2 as many charginG stations out there as gas stations & imagine 1/2 of all vehicles are EVs, you could fully fuel 24 raptors w/ 36 gallon tanks (using 5 mins on avg) for every ONE EV taking a “fast charge” in 2 hrs

Cut the “fast charge” time down to 30 mins and you’d still have a major cluster-F....& that’s pretending we have thousands of charging stations available strategically placed through the country lol

EVs are the automotive equivalent of political gas lighting

I guess if you just keep telling people “it’s going to happen in 5 years” & “the EVs are greener than traditional ICEs” I guess it makes it true?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you do a lot of traveling through the US? Soooooo many places are rural, & the places that are densely populated? You can find a gas station pretty much anywhere. Sure you could put the odd charging station here & there out in country areas may appease some people...may not, but the idea that the NJ/NY area could have majority EVs is crazy to me- traffic jams up the ass he second an idiot runs out of charge & backs up the GW bridge lol!! Imagine if we had 1/2 as many charginG stations out there as gas stations & imagine 1/2 of all vehicles are EVs, you could fully fuel 24 raptors w/ 36 gallon tanks (using 5 mins on avg) for every ONE EV taking a “fast charge” in 2 hrs

I am not saying EVs for everybody in every situation. If you're average commute to work is 100 mile or less, than it works for you for that....when you have an ICE engine for longer trips in your household. My commute is 25 miles, so it's plenty, but I would not get an EV because I don't want two vehicles. Charging speed isn't relevant when all you're doing is charging at home.

Cut the “fast charge” time down to 30 mins and you’d still have a major cluster-F....& that’s pretending we have thousands of charging stations available strategically placed through the country lol

EVs are the automotive equivalent of political gas lighting

I guess if you just keep telling people “it’s going to happen in 5 years” & “the EVs are greener than traditional ICEs” I guess it makes it true?

Didn't say either of those two quotes.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends I believe it will be sooner than most on here think, possibly within the next 5 years the infrastructure will be there. In 10 years 80-90 percent of all vehicles will be EV.

You realize most of the US population is basically broke all the time right? Average used car is $20K. The big three trucks and boring DDs (Camry, altima, accord, etc) make up a huge chunk of new/used car sales and they won't be going full EV anytime soon.

Big percent of new cars being hybrids maybe...EVs...well people don't really want EVs they want cheap new cars. Take away the credit and they go back to ICE. Look at Georgia, took away the EV credit and EV sales plummeted 90%.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With vw mitigation settlement funds and competition among EV charging systems this is going to happen a lot sooner than you all think.

And as they produce more EVs and auto makers all go EV then prices will fall

Musk is going no where he is building a plant in Austin TX to build his EV semi

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With vw mitigation settlement funds and competition among EV charging systems this is going to happen a lot sooner than you all think.

And as they produce more EVs and auto makers all go EV then prices will fall

Musk is going no where he is building a plant in Austin TX to build his EV semi

The minute I actually believe this I’ll drop everything I’m doing currently in the manufacturing/metals sector (actually part of the auto industry now- supply metal for Raptor running boards, heads, tranny casings, body sheet etc...) & I’ll go look for a job in the energy sector b/c there is NO F*****G way we are anywhere close to where we’d need to be for the “majority of vehicles being sold to be EVs within 5 years” or 10 years for that matter. As far from a truly dependable finished product an EV itself is- the grids ability to realistically support charging 10s of millions of EVs constantly while also making the charging station infrastructure reliable is much much much much further from being where it needs to be by comparison.

also- if it’s all bout $$$ - as others have pointed out, drop the subsidies & its less a biz case- the increased cost to produce & dispose of the batteries will be an ongoing issue.

in reality- it ain’t the ICE vehicles that should be getting slapped w/ regs - the EVs should be getting their own “pollution tax” @ point of sale instead of a ******** green credit the vehicles aren’t fully recyclable & their power comes from incineration & coal fired plants for the most part.

and - lastly, we’re making this EV push right at the time when the US is completely energy independent, a net exporter of oil, & refining the cheapest ******** fuel (inflation adjusted) we ever had in history....makes a lot of sense.

banana land

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You realize most of the US population is basically broke all the time right? Average used car is $20K. The big three trucks and boring DDs (Camry, altima, accord, etc) make up a huge chunk of new/used car sales and they won't be going full EV anytime soon.

I'm sure it's no longer accurate, but I recall that the average age of vehicles on roads is 8 years. Going with that number, it implies that once/if EVs outsell ICE, then it would be another 8 years before there are more EVs on the road than ICE. That's not even factoring in that batteries don't age as well and ICE.