Next Gen 21 Raptor Light Kits NOW starting to release.... Here is where to look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does option 2 mean I could use a pair of squadrons and have a bezel around them for a factory look?

Will you be selling the mounting kits on their own for those of us that already have lights in hand?

So yes, and no.
The reason for a 2 light kit is to have room for a close out panel. Putting 3 in there won’t have the room.
There is a balance between producing something that is cost effective and producing something that is so expensive to produce that no one wants to buy it.
If you manufacture in extreme quantities like 20,000 pieces like ford did with the stock light housings, it’s way cheaper than 500 at a time.
That being said, we always want to build the best quality and most oem to integrate.
So the initial plan is to have a close out panel out of black powder coated sheet metal that sits against the opening and surrounds the lights, closing out the extra space.
That keeps that type of bracket in a better price range. We also plan to look at doing a replacement abs plastic panel similar like Ford has with those small Rigids.
Notice that those are just square openings surrounding the lights. They are angled and sloped because the light angles outward wide. Not straight. So putting them in a box can block some light. So with that option, we want it to be more identical to the oem design.
Now, doing those panels requires a lot of cost and time. The molds alone for the panels are approx $30,000. So that’s why they end up being so much more expensive than the sheet metal panel/bezel. Also, it takes a lot more time. Most people want a solution now. Getting the plastic panels done will take approx 3-5 months between design, our production company cnc’ing and making the metal mold to mold them and then production and then getting them to us.
That being said, we are working on making that metal panel and plastic panel interchangeable. So if you get one here soon with the metal panel, and later want to swap it for the plastic one, you can.

Here is an example of what I mean by metal close out panel.

69A0718B-1BEC-494F-825B-2DF726F7B3F2.jpeg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, So we are fully under way, and I have started loading these kits / brackets up so we can get the first round secured for anyone on here that wants them.

That being said, since these kits will ship in approx 3-4 weeks, I wanted to extend a special offer to those who go ahead and preorder them. You can use discount code "Preorder" at checkout.

Now I am adding more items soon. Tomorrow I should be able to get the Fog replacements up for the stock housing to replace the DOT Rigid SRM's with Baja Designs S2's, Diode Dynamics SSC2's and higher power Rigid SRM's. So if that's what you are waiting for, check back tomorrow afternoon.
From there, the double and triple full size fog kits should be finished in design very very soon, and then we can get those up as well.

Last, on the A-Pillar kits. We have 2 types. We have a small standard duty one that should suffice for the small 3x3 Rigid or Baja lights. Those come in at a more budget price point because they have a lot less material. I have those with available kits with Rigid lights here tonight. Tomorrow I will group kits together with Baja Squadron lights.
You can also get just the brackets.

Then we have our new Heavy Duty 1 piece 7 gauge A-Pillar mount. This one is the one you'll want if you plan to install Rigid or Baja XL lights. Those we have on there for the time being as the brackets only. There are so many possibilities to what you can use, you really just want to pick out the lights you want.

We also have the new lower grille light bar mounts. Those are available in kits with Rigid, Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics. Soon, we will have an upper grille light bar kit as well as a 40" bumper mount.

If you do select a stand alone bracket and harness and want a specific light to go with it for this introductory promo with the code, just shoot us an email and let us know what you want to kit together and we can try to group it together for you under that promo.

Note: The complete "Kits" will include our plug n play harness with A-Pillar and Light Bars. If you get just brackets and want those, I added those links as well.

Here are some links-

Let me know if you have any questions-

John

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
For a newbie like me, can you give a brief description of what the different lights are, or better yet, barely will go offroad, want the look and and use on back roads and off road once in a while.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For a newbie like me, can you give a brief description of what the different lights are, or better yet, barely will go offroad, want the look and and use on back roads and off road once in a while.
Sure. No problem.

Well, it all depends on what you really want to accomplish. Some won't use 1/2 of what they have, its just cool to have it.. lol. Some like their upfits to look extreme with upgraded bumpers and huge light bars, and some prefer a more stealthy look with low profile hidden stuff that integrates more like OEM. Which it sounds like is exactly the direction you want to go.

That being said, you would probably do best with our OEM fog light upgrade kit which I will be loading up tomorrow. I posted a picture of some early design for the mounts here on page 4.
What it does is uses the factory housing and you can remove the low power DOT rigids that Ford put in there and replace them with Baja Designs S2 Pro lights that produce I believe 2450 lumens each. So you end up with about 10,000 lumens of light, instead of just approx 2,000 total with those stock lights.

If you want a little more light, or something in place of that, the lower grille light bar kit I just added can give you quite a bit more light as well and each light pattern is different. So the next question is, where do you want the light to project?

I will give you my personal advice. If you do the Baja Fogs, I would do one pair driving/Combo and the other Wide Cornering. Those cover a mid and full distance and a mid and close distance.

If you do the lower grille light bar, you can stay with Baja and do the S8 Light bar, but I kind of like the Rigid Radiance SR that has a backlit color you can change. It is economical and pretty powerful for the price point.

Here is a chart from Baja Designs for the zones.

Feel free to reach back out here or at info @spvparts.com or call 317 - 934 - 6778

John

2016 Lighting Zones Chart.jpg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the first option set for the Baja Designs S2 replacement for Fogs with the stock housing.
This includes plug n play adapters as well as the 4 piece bracket set and choice of lights.

Video coming soon...

Diode Dynamics and Rigid SRM interchangeable kits will get posted tomorrow.

This is the individual bracket set by itself. There are bigger discounts by getting the whole kit. Also, this will qualify with the preorder code.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the first option set for the Baja Designs S2 replacement for Fogs with the stock housing.
This includes plug n play adapters as well as the 4 piece bracket set and choice of lights.

Video coming soon...

Diode Dynamics and Rigid SRM interchangeable kits will get posted tomorrow.

This is the individual bracket set by itself. There are bigger discounts by getting the whole kit. Also, this will qualify with the preorder code.

Will this kit allow rigid sr-m pro? Do the rigid lights all have the same exterior body dimensions? The srm pro has 3 led lights and the factory Rigid’s has 2 led lights .. thank You

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yes, and no.
The reason for a 2 light kit is to have room for a close out panel. Putting 3 in there won’t have the room.
There is a balance between producing something that is cost effective and producing something that is so expensive to produce that no one wants to buy it.
If you manufacture in extreme quantities like 20,000 pieces like ford did with the stock light housings, it’s way cheaper than 500 at a time.
That being said, we always want to build the best quality and most oem to integrate.
So the initial plan is to have a close out panel out of black powder coated sheet metal that sits against the opening and surrounds the lights, closing out the extra space.
That keeps that type of bracket in a better price range. We also plan to look at doing a replacement abs plastic panel similar like Ford has with those small Rigids.
Notice that those are just square openings surrounding the lights. They are angled and sloped because the light angles outward wide. Not straight. So putting them in a box can block some light. So with that option, we want it to be more identical to the oem design.
Now, doing those panels requires a lot of cost and time. The molds alone for the panels are approx $30,000. So that’s why they end up being so much more expensive than the sheet metal panel/bezel. Also, it takes a lot more time. Most people want a solution now. Getting the plastic panels done will take approx 3-5 months between design, our production company cnc’ing and making the metal mold to mold them and then production and then getting them to us.
That being said, we are working on making that metal panel and plastic panel interchangeable. So if you get one here soon with the metal panel, and later want to swap it for the plastic one, you can.

Here is an example of what I mean by metal close out panel.

View attachment 325435
Looks great. Will this kit allow the rigid D series Pro specter’s as well ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will this kit allow rigid sr-m pro? Do the rigid lights all have the same exterior body dimensions? The srm pro has 3 led lights and the factory Rigid’s has 2 led lights .. thank You
Yes. to the first, Not exactly to the second and no to the 3rd.

So the lights in the case stock are Rigid SRM Pro's... sort of. However, only the FRONT half of the case is the same as the Rigid SRM pro's. Often times auto companies, like Ford say "Send me samples of your parts". So Rigid send them all their model lines of lights. Like D-Series, SRM Pros, SRQ, etc.
Ford evaluates their look and shape and picks one. Like they did the SRM's in the case.
Their design team then goes on to design the housings they want them to fit in. From there, they want to keep their assemblies at the factory into those housings quick and efficient. So in this case, installing a silver bracket to the back of a stock Rigid SRM pro would take more time and not be as adjustable for their assembly lines as they want, so they redrew the back side of the case. They then made a commitment to Rigid for X number of lights for their production run, however, they drew up the contract with some changes. One, Rigid had to make a mold to recreate a Ford specific back half of the SRM lights to fit in their housings. 2, the optics were tuned down a LOT to be compliant as a DOT street legal only in all 50 states as factory equipment on a NEW UNTITLED vehicle.
There is a big difference from a street legal light you can buy over the counter and add to your vehicle after you bought it, and one that the vehicle manufacturer has to go and let the Feds inspect, ridicule and finally after all the changes, certify you and allow you to produce the vehicle as agreed on.
So, there are a few theories as to why BOTH sets of lights ended up being the detuned DOT versions in the truck. Either Ford decided to keep costs to a minimal, ordering 50,000 of just one design would save them a few thousand bucks vs 25,000 DOT and 25,000 offroad high powered versions.
Or, They tried to get the truck certified with both the DOT and a high powered offroad version with the snap on covers, and they were simply denied certification.
That is a good possibility. Otherwise, why have the covers in the first place? So that works fine for adding lights after you own the vehicle, but doing it up front requires a lot more federal scrutiny.

So, back to the SRM's from Ford, vs Rigid and their cases. So in short, though they are the SRM front case. That is the ONLY similarity. The internals and the back half of the case are nothing Rigid offers. (Which is good. No one would buy them.)

On the LED question. Rigid has Spot, Flood and Driving light pattern SRM models.
The spot and driving both have 2 LED's where the Driving model has 3 led's.

The SRM flood and spot with 2 LED's both produce 1,584 Lumens
The SRM Driving with 3 LED's produces 2,376 Lumens

My guess is the OEM DOT's produce around 500 lumens. I've never seen specs, but visually comparing them to others, that would be my guess.

So, if you do the upgraded Rigid model SRM pro in our kit, it will look the same as the ones Ford put in there from the front visible view, but it will have a huge performance boost. (it obviously mounts differently)

John

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great. Will this kit allow the rigid D series Pro specter’s as well ?
No. Only the Rigid SRM, Baja S2 and Diode Dynamics SSC2 will fit in the factory housing pockets.

We are however working on some other fog kit options for the full size lights without the Ford plastic case. We will have a 3 version bracket without a front panel and a 2 version one with a front panel. Obviously though, there is a cost difference over the simple light swaps in the stock housings.

John