Next Gen 21 Raptor Light Kits NOW starting to release.... Here is where to look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you had a new product for the 21. I have the factory fogs and already tore them apart to see if it was easily upgradable but I’m sure you know the rear housing on the rigids are specific to the raptor. So just dropping in different SR-M Pros aren’t an option.
Ok. We will have replacements very soon, but we've only had our truck a week and a half. We do have the rear kits up now though.
As far as putting different SR-M's in there, the only thing that's different is the connector Ford put on the end of the cord. The mounts and screws are something Ford added to the lights. The housings are the same from what I saw, unless I missed something, but our intent was to upgrade. So yes... We could sell you a new set of SR-M's and put a different connector on it to match if that's what you want. However, there is only so much you can get out of an SR-M small light. We are working on full size replacements and mounts such as the Baja Squadron, Rigid D-Series and Radiance and Diode Dynamics SS3.

So if you'd rather replace them with say an SR-M Pro Driving or something, let me know and I can have a set adapted with the other connector on it for you.

john @ spvparts.com

John

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. We will have replacements very soon, but we've only had our truck a week and a half. We do have the rear kits up now though.
As far as putting different SR-M's in there, the only thing that's different is the connector Ford put on the end of the cord. The mounts and screws are something Ford added to the lights. The housings are the same from what I saw, unless I missed something, but our intent was to upgrade. So yes... We could sell you a new set of SR-M's and put a different connector on it to match if that's what you want. However, there is only so much you can get out of an SR-M small light. We are working on full size replacements and mounts such as the Baja Squadron, Rigid D-Series and Radiance and Diode Dynamics SS3.

So if you'd rather replace them with say an SR-M Pro Driving or something, let me know and I can have a set adapted with the other connector on it for you.

john @ spvparts.com

John
Ok. I’m not familiar with the SR-M but the whole rear housing appeared different with the adjustment and mounting. I agree though, not sure it’s worth the effort Vs upgrading to a better series.
30A5F75B-BCEC-4054-BB16-CC2A7880EC62.jpeg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok. I’m not familiar with the SR-M but the whole rear housing appeared different with the adjustment and mounting. I agree though, not sure it’s worth the effort Vs upgrading to a better series.
View attachment 320679

Yeah, I guess I didn't glance close enough. I saw they put the set screws in there, and glanced quick enough to think they just put a mount on the existing mount holes with a set screw. I didn't examine them that close because I wasn't even thinking Ford would put that much effort in given the shortcoming on the lights anyway... lol. Ugh.
Well, honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wouldn't use SR-M's there anyway. However, if you REALLY wanted to.. You could crack open the case (not literally) and swap the guts from another SRM.
But I promise. I am going to get this going ASAP with replacement options. The 4 main things I am focusing on this week and next are:
Lower Grille Light Bar Update. Upper Grille Light Bar Options (Our SRL may work. Baja 30" won't). A-Pillar Mount Revisement. Fog Light Mounts and Options.

John

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I didn't glance close enough. I saw they put the set screws in there, and glanced quick enough to think they just put a mount on the existing mount holes with a set screw. I didn't examine them that close because I wasn't even thinking Ford would put that much effort in given the shortcoming on the lights anyway... lol. Ugh.
Well, honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wouldn't use SR-M's there anyway. However, if you REALLY wanted to.. You could crack open the case (not literally) and swap the guts from another SRM.
But I promise. I am going to get this going ASAP with replacement options. The 4 main things I am focusing on this week and next are:
Lower Grille Light Bar Update. Upper Grille Light Bar Options (Our SRL may work. Baja 30" won't). A-Pillar Mount Revisement. Fog Light Mounts and Options.

John
Yeah, that’s what I was contemplating and came to the same conclusion. Even after swapping new board, reflector and optics it wouldn’t be worth it.

A68CFB94-6733-49EF-A5E3-0A6C5942C13F.jpeg
9F89A224-25FA-442E-9BD1-DEEA989ECEB1.jpeg6E5EB78D-16D4-4ECD-A0E1-C1C134A37FAC.jpeg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would like to be able to repurpose the rigid fogs into backup lights. Any thoughts/plans to make that happen?
Unfortunately after review, Ford had Rigid put a different back side on the case without a way to mount them back there. They will only fit in the Ford housings.
So, after seeing that, I would suggest shelving them until you sell or trade the truck, and then put them back in and keep your upgrades.
I will have adapters for the plugs Ford also used down there, so you wouldn't cut any wires. They would just plug back in.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any news on A-Pillar Lights?
Yep, I have them getting ready to be produced.

Here are some drafts. As you see, these will have 2 mount points for extra strength as well as a thick gauge metal to hold those various light styles. These will come in a one piece design for an easy install, rather than needing to assemble multiple pieces.
They will also have 2 mounting holes on top to be able to space or center multiple types and sizes of lights from all major brands.
This also allows clearance of the antenna in the new location Ford put it.

Another nice thing is, you will not need to remove the cowl at all. You will just lift the hood, remove and reinstall 2 bolts.

John

46DB7758-4967-4B04-883F-E1D9623DDFEA.jpeg

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will your A-Pillar mounts be able to support XL80 sized lights? (XL Laser and XL Racer).