Nex Gen 2 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not saying this is your problem, but extended length shackles don’t play well with fixed length traction bars.

Found the problem before the track bars were installed.

Edit:
The suspension was all bound up before it was ripped apart. No real droop before. Ride was comparable to the OBS (not really but you get what I am saying). Shocks were also ready for a rebuild.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Also added a +2 rear brake line. And against my better judgment, removed the front sway bar. I know I had posted no way in hεll in another thread, but honestly I don't notice it missing. Could be from better adjustments in the Kings. Time will tell.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well…. I went through all 12 pages of your build thread… impressive to be sure. I’ve only been in the Raptor club for about 6 weeks now, been blowing on average about 1K a week( wheels, tires, lights , front bumper, front springs, graphics, exhaust), have not incurred the wrath of the wife… just yet…but it’s coming. My out is going to be that I also bought her a new Raptor, so anything I spend on hers will be” ok”.
It’s great you have done a lot of the work yourself… better to build versus bought, if you can.
It’s doubtful I’ll ever get mine to the extent you’ve taken yours but it’s good to have inspiration . I’m looking into rear spring set up after I get my light wiring all squared away. But only going to avoid the “ honey do” list for so many weekends. Anyway… nice work

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Well…. I went through all 12 pages of your build thread… impressive to be sure. I’ve only been in the Raptor club for about 6 weeks now, been blowing on average about 1K a week( wheels, tires, lights , front bumper, front springs, graphics, exhaust), have not incurred the wrath of the wife… just yet…but it’s coming. My out is going to be that I also bought her a new Raptor, so anything I spend on hers will be” ok”.
It’s great you have done a lot of the work yourself… better to build versus bought, if you can.
It’s doubtful I’ll ever get mine to the extent you’ve taken yours but it’s good to have inspiration . I’m looking into rear spring set up after I get my light wiring all squared away. But only going to avoid the “ honey do” list for so many weekends. Anyway… nice work

Definitely can go down multiple different rabbit holes if your are not careful.

Great build!! Ive had the SVC trac bars for about 2 years and haven't gotten around to install them yet. Seeing yours makes me want to get on that!

I haven't been hard on the gas yet or in the high desert. But just around town the rear end feels more planted.