Newly Revised JLT Oil Seperator (catch can) for the Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know it was both port and direct injection. From what I have researched, port injection will keep the valves clean. Catch can maybe not needed? Also, is there a thread on the different brands of cans you guys are going with? I was thinking McNally or UPR? They both have two clean side ports, one going to each turbo.

My 2019 just showed up at dealer this am! Ordered December 1. Was delayed a few weeks because of flooding at the train yard. They could not unload the train cars.
Just for reference

d57b6771d3cf58f3b4ad3e441f83628b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not know it was both port and direct injection. From what I have researched, port injection will keep the valves clean. Catch can maybe not needed? Also, is there a thread on the different brands of cans you guys are going with? I was thinking McNally or UPR? They both have two clean side ports, one going to each turbo.

My 2019 just showed up at dealer this am! Ordered December 1. Was delayed a few weeks because of flooding at the train yard. They could not unload the train cars.

I was on fence/not drinking the catch can koolaid, but recently had a change of heart since I made an appt to have my truck in for the door handle/lock TSB - the service mgr got me to agree to the fuel system cleaning, got into convo w/ him regarding catch cans & while he agreed the addition of port injection should be a big help he said based on what he had seen on previous generation EB motors w/o the port injection (especially running 87/cheap fuel exclusively) having to do rebuilds/tear down coked valves etc. @ 80k miles....even though I put high quality gas & oil in my truck said it wouldn't hurt for peace of mind to have one.

I asked - well, my understanding was this could potentially void warranty - his response was that adding a catch can (or that dealer in particular) would 100% not void my warranty if I installed one that didn't modify existing stock parts - ie: the ones that require drilling holes into inlet tubes etc.

So.....I guess despite being an outspoken skeptic of catch cans, & despite concerns of warranty issues, I may wind up contradicting myself & putting one on after all. It'll be a JLT - no way in hell I'm paying $500 for a catch can & the JLT doesn't require any holes to be drilled.