Newly Revised JLT Oil Seperator (catch can) for the Gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reach out to JLT directly and they should take care of you. I ordered around the same time you did from CJ and got the FW bracket. I told them I was expecting the new bracket because the pics on the website showed new bracket. I went ahead and installed it but reached out to JLT to let them know and they sent me the relocation kit no charge. All I used was the new bracket, old hoses worked perfect for me still. I have a gen2 non-raptor 3.5 xlt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Ill call CJ Pony Monday.

Is the battery tray mount as solid as the firewall mount? No flex or vibration?

The vertical arm of the new bracket looks really close to the positive terminal of the the battery like it would be in the way if needing to jump start the truck.

Aloha, HT

Last edited:

GotBoost150

Reaction score
Thanks! Ill call CJ Pony Monday.

Is the battery tray mount as solid as the firewall mount? No flex or vibration?

The vertical arm of the new bracket looks really close to the positive terminal of the the battery like it would be in the way if needing to jump start the truck.

Aloha, HT
I didn't even bother contacting CJ Pony because I didn't want to bother with shipping it back, I reached out to JLT directly and they sent me the relocation kit free of charge. I think the FW bracket might be a bit more solid only because it's metal on metal but by no means is the new bracket location going to flex or vibrate to the point of failure. It's pretty darn solid with both of the metal clips! As far as worries of jumper cables.....don't worry [emoji6]
1d868f21e7da4fba6d2f0747afd85f47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed mine this weekend. Piece of cake. It installs on the passenger side only near the battery as shown in the pictures above.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had previously installed the JLT catch can with the original mounting hardware and this morning swapped it out with the relocation kit. Took about 15 minutes. I'm much happier with the location and accessibility with the battery mount over the firewall location.

Also I emptied the catch can while doing this and emptied out about 1.5" of a liquid mud type substance.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask the stupid question. I did order a JLT catch can but, since the 3.5 eco boost in the raptor is both port and direct injected, is it really necessary?

As I understand it, the port injection will allow the fuel being sprayed into the port keep your valves clean. Or is there other considerations for having the catch can.

2019 Raptor here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve55340

Reaction score
I did not know it was both port and direct injection. From what I have researched, port injection will keep the valves clean. Catch can maybe not needed? Also, is there a thread on the different brands of cans you guys are going with? I was thinking McNally or UPR? They both have two clean side ports, one going to each turbo.

My 2019 just showed up at dealer this am! Ordered December 1. Was delayed a few weeks because of flooding at the train yard. They could not unload the train cars.