newborn and raptor, any thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skerzz

Reaction score
Three kid seats (ages 5, 3, and 18 months) in my 2019 SCREW. Kids all fit comfortably and there's more room than the wife's 2019 Yukon XL Denali (all kids are in 2nd row bench in the Yukon). Definitely get something to protect the leather seats -- we use the Prince Lionheart Car Seat Protector purchased from Amazon at $21.99/each in both vehicles.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I've got a 3 year old and a 2 week old. Both are rear facing because my wife is a safety nut and it's recommended to leave kids rear facing until 4 if you can. As everyone else has stated, tons of room for seats in the back. The two things I haven't seen mentioned is that if you get a seat protector, make sure it's approved for use with the car seat you're using. If it's not specifically approved, there's no guarantee the seat can appropriately protect the little one in the case of an accident. The other issue I've run into with my Raptor is the lack of compatibility of car seats with the airbag seatbelts. It's not an issue with my youngest right now because I've just got his infant seat base attached using the LATCH system and my 3 year old is in the center using the regular seat belt. But once my youngest sizes out of his infant seat, I'll be looking for a new seat that I can use with the airbag seatbelt. Good luck!

JP77

Reaction score
My friends marvel at how much rom is in the back seat of my ‘18 SCREW. As everyone else has said three seats fit very well. I only have 2 car seats in there and the dog get the center. I HIGHLY recommend the 4KNines car seat cover. It looks good, catches everything and the seatbelts and or latch system works through it. The leather underneath looks perfect over a year later.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDORC6Y/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A woman that was drunk AND on pills tried to hit me head on in my '11 Screw on a 2 lane farm road. I swerved hard left and avoided the head on but she took a hard right at the last second and nailed my right rear wheel area. I woke up trying to figure out what I was seeing, turned out to be shattered windshield pressing the grass down, as I landed upside down. And the bump on my head was apparently from the rifle that was between passenger seat and console, that flew over and knocked me out. If it hadn't been there I probably wouldn't even had the bump on the head.

Great truck ! I consider it saved my life when all airbags deployed. Your son will be riding in style too!

View attachment 129349
Wow! So glad you made it through without too much injury. Reminder that you have to keep alert for all those drivers out there ready to cause problems. I hope you were able to get your Raptor back together or at least get a new one. Take care and good luck!

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newborn is the reason I got my Raptor. Had to make the move from a scab F-150 to something bigger. Went with my Screw 2013 Raptor and have not had a problem with the car seat ever. Has so much room for a very large rear facing seat.

View attachment 129347

Kiddo is now 2 and I am getting ready to turn the seat forward. I will recommend some form of seat-cover that is car seat compatible as those little ones do tend to make a mess. The dog seat one is behind her seat in the picture here but I did get a proper one soon after. Otherwise you end up with this...
View attachment 129348
Holy moly!! While having all the room in the back seat is great with the Raptor, I'm kind of glad my kids are now all grown up and can't do this to my Raptor. My wife and neighbors are already making fun of me for how many times I go out to clean something up on the truck. Seems like it's daily to them. But I'm still treated it like it just came off the lot. It's been a little over 3 months now.:33:

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '13 Screw (I know, I know wrong forum, this is Gen2. Sorry) but my truck had way more room that the wife's Navigator. I could climb in the back and strap the 2 kids in both their car seats with no problem. Throw the stroller in bed of the truck, or when it would rain the stroller in the cab. So much room in these trucks.

Dhowell

Reaction score
I’ve got a booster seat and a full car seat in my back seat. There is still room for an adult to sit between the two car seats and be comfortable. The huge back seat is one of the many reasons why I bought the Raptor (F-150).

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newborn is the reason I got my Raptor. Had to make the move from a scab F-150 to something bigger. Went with my Screw 2013 Raptor and have not had a problem with the car seat ever. Has so much room for a very large rear facing seat.

View attachment 129347

Kiddo is now 2 and I am getting ready to turn the seat forward. I will recommend some form of seat-cover that is car seat compatible as those little ones do tend to make a mess. The dog seat one is behind her seat in the picture here but I did get a proper one soon after. Otherwise you end up with this...
View attachment 129348

This is epic. I feel so bad for your truck! I thought mine was a mess. Glad to know I’m not alone!

usurper

Reaction score
REMEMBER: These Gen2 trucks have inflatable rear seatbelts. The locking mechanism (when you pull the belt all the way out and it ratchets back) is on the BOTTOM belt attachment point, not the top. Also the seatbelt explodes with an airbag in the shoulder if there's a trigger. Ford is pretty specific about what types of car seats that can be used with inflatable seat belts, and the manufacturers are specific if they allow their seats in cars with inflatables. There is no way to turn this feature off, and depending on the car seat that you have it may far more dangerous.

This doesn't affect newborns or rear facing seats that use the LATCH system mounting points, but if you've got a hard-back booster or convertible, be sure to check the manufacturer of the car seat to be sure it's rated for inflatable belts. There's more information about this here, and a section that calls out information specifically or Ford/Lincoln models: https://thecarseatlady.com/vehicles/safety-features/inflatable-belts/. If you're using any seat that uses the rear seat belts, check the manufacturer and be sure it's rated. It's not something to mess around with, if there's an accident where the belt explodes based on an airbag trigger, it could hurt the child or even eject the seat from the restraints into the cabin.

I feel this topic isn't well documented and communicated at all.