GEN 2 Newbie with 2019 Super Cab 800a upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Similar to my 2019 SCAB in silver. I got the 802a package with the rear plaque delete (looks like a ***** stamp to me) and deleted the moon roof. If I did it again I would have ordered a lower level trim package. IMO most of the things on the upgraded packages are overpriced and not worth it. I am in agreement with you that the torsen front end is a good add and I like the bead lock capable wheels. The B&O is junk, spend that money towards a better aftermarket system if you want tunes. Hai at "thecarstereocompany" would be an option and is on this forum.

George Pepper

Reaction score
I had a 2018 scab "base model" in Race Red that had almost no options. No rear window, no remote tailgate, cloth seats, started with a switchblade key, no sat nav and smaller display screen. I traded it for a black 2020 scab with every option but the moon roof when Ford announced there would be no third generation scab. If you want to add the required roll cage and fuel cell to make it qualify to run Baja (and aux lighting), you want the base model. Far simpler and so less to go wrong (But they seem to be super rare). But I must admit that the sat nav is a fantastic thing to have. It's also so luxurious that Ford might as well market it as a Lincoln! I love it, but wish I could have kept them both.

Also, I'm a musician with multiple degrees in music, and the B&O CAN sound fantastic if you fiddle with the tone controls and figure out how you like them. I had to get into the manual for that.

Finally, I'm trying to get a definitive list of the differences between the scab and screw in the second generation. I know the suspensions are different, and that's why the scab can only tow 6K pounds and the screw can tow 8K pounds. And I know the softer suspension gives the scab an off road performance advantage, but I would like to know how the suspension components differ.

There is so much bogus information out there. I was trying to find top speed for the second generation, and I got results from 105 MPH to 118 MPH. I'll have to find a place where I can find out for sure! ;^)

This is actually my driveway in Colorado.
IMG_0965.jpeg