Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Newbie Raptor Owner - Performance Mod/Tuner Questions

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by BradC, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

I’ve got a bed rug to put in, a light package to put in the front lateral bumpers, a license plate relocation, and finish up my caliper painting. I think I planned this stay-at-home time pretty well...haha. Just have to get on CJ’s, Stage 3, American Trucks, Apollo Optics, SPV, ORA, etc etc, and buy some more stuff to keep me going!

2. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hear you. I'm just figuring out to double what I pay for a new truck. Never knew they would leave so many essentials off during assembly!

GR8Ride and Troutrad like this.
  3. BradC

BradC Member

So the level 2 (last link) includes the tune? How is it loaded? I didn't see a tuner.

4. K223

K223 Full Access Member

From what I heard it has to be loaded by a Roush authorized dealer.

5. BradC

BradC Member

If that's the case, I think I'll look into another option.

6. Rapptor20

Rapptor20 Member

I just installed the AFE Magnum force super raptor stage two on my 2020. It took 30 or 40 minutes and installs like a breeze. The temp sensor seemed a bit loose so I put a different o- ring on it. No CEL. No tune yet. Awe coming. ThenJB4.

7. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

You could drive it without doing a thing; it’s still a great truck. But alas, you have found this forum as I did, so your paycheck will not be your own for quite some time...

8. Kazoo

Kazoo Member

Don’t neglect AWE. Installed an AWE 0FG and it sounds fantastic. Not as obnoxious as the ATAK. A little more refined IMO. Sadly you’ll never get that V8 rumble but I’m so happy with it.

9. Ash Keshavarz

Ash Keshavarz Member

Goose tuned with the cobb access port. Really IMO the only mods that are worth the money are IC and CAI and a tune obviously. I would also get an exhaust too. I like BORLA and CORSA. Dont waste your time with boost tubes and downpipes, i personally dont think its worth the time and money. With just CAI and IC and a cobb with goose custom tune you will gain 60 to 70 WHP.

10. smgilles

smgilles Full Access Member

I second this statement. Do CAI and IC of your choosing. It's easy to do in the driveway, especially if using stock location (whipple, cvf, etc..). Then add COBB stage 2 and let Goosetuned tweak it based on your fuel/truck.

I am running e30 and it runs hard. Night and day vs COBB stage II 91 map. The COBB accessport gives your access to all sorts of information on your truck too.