newbie question on 2014 crew pricing

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by twist-a-grip, Jun 14, 2018.

1. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Member

I just jumped onto this forum to check pricing, as I was stunned that the truck I looked at yesterday has 25k miles but they want still want MSRP. I thought about getting a new one for $1-2k under MSRP, but this 2014 just showed up on a local lot and thought I'd check it out.

I figured the 2014 pricing was fairly similar to the 2018 pricing - high $60s. Turns out, this 2014 has near every option box checked, but was only $56k new. I have access to Manheim results and know exactly what they paid for it, so I know I have some room to negotiate, but I'm still a little freaked out about how little this thing has depreciated and I'm hoping a few guys can assure me that the general consensus on here is that these first gen trucks will continue to hold their value fairly well. The truck is for a vacation home, so I'm looking for a truck/suv that will hold it's value better that your typical run of the mill Tahoe/explorer/Durango/Silverado/f150. If y'all think I'm better off in 5-7 years with a 2018, please let me know.

2. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gen1 has been holding stellar prices in this market....you are going to save 25-30k versus buying GEn2 seems like a no brainer here. Work the deal....good luck.

3. Swacer

Swacer Full Access Member

I got my 2014 ruby red SE with 25k miles. Pretty much prestine was about $50k

If you find “that” truck, you’ll pay it. Lol

4. GOTPIT

GOTPIT Member

$46K on my fully loaded 2014 crewcab a couple months back with 41k original miles. I was looking at a couple different ones, was surprised nobody was interested in negotiating their price.

5. 1979

1979 Member

Bought my fully loaded 2014 SCREW in January. 18k miles, paid $45k. I couldn't pass it up. Looked at a few and this deal was way better than any other deal I had found.