Newbie - Purchasing a Raptor soon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Henley

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm hunting down a 2014 Raptor and am hoping to avoid making too many mistakes. I am seeing a lot of variations in price as well as options and I was hoping to get some advice here before pulling the trigger. I will go offroading and will take road trips but this will mostly be a daily driver. I'm thinking the 801A package is a good option but am wide open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What questions do you have? Truly depends on what you’re looking for in terms of usage. If it’s you’re daily driver, maybe invest more on interior/tech options to enjoy if it is in your budget. What exactly are you looking for and maybe we can help break down the options for ya!

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shopped for over a year to get my Raptor. What I can say is that you should be looking for the most loaded rig you can get. The luxury package is worth it. Also, you need to take a flashlight when you go look at rugs and climb under the truck in your back and be looking for damage under there from being jumped. Check out the shocks too, are they the original ones or are they the 3.0” shocks? How many miles on them? Factory shocks should be rebuilt every 50K miles. Did some fool swap in the Gen 2 shocks? There’s a lot to look at.

Remember that you probably only have one bullet in the gun, so when you pull the trigger, you need to hit bullseye. Don’t take chances on beaten rigs or buying from some guy living in a single wide. There’s a lot of pristine Raptors out there. Find one.

Lightning_Lad

Reaction score
Hi guys!,

I’ve caught a bad case of raptor fever, test drove a 2019 ScREW at villa ford in Orange,CA.
Sticker is $91k. 15k dealer ransom.

Currently drive a pristine 2017 Tundra, 4x4, platinum-PRO with a bunch of upgrades, 10k miles. Love it, but feels medieval compared to the raptor.

I’ve now begun my epic search for a 2019 Raptor, SCrew, velocity blue or ruby. It’s def. gonna be outside of CA as the dealers here are stubborn morons who want that juicy ransom/market value fee!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't hesitate to go out of state. bought my 12' in CA for sticker (prices had just become sensible by mid 12') and put a 100k on her with a lot of baja trips / daily driving with stock suspension, tires, chase cage & radios. Had to go to AZ to get my Ruby Red @ sticker and glad I did. The only thing I don't like about my 18' is the sound......power & suspension is better! Didn't want to wait for the 19,s and pay markup and was not interested in active supenssion after I saw what I mange to do get away with using stock 2.5's on my 12'. Paid 56K for 12' loaded, sold 36K. Paid 70k almost loaded for my 18' no bed cover & bed accessories.