Newbie Picked up 1 of the 5 Raptor Crate engines for F100 Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I found the perfect donor truck!
Headed out to pick it up in about 45 minutes.

2018 F150 with only 27 miles on it. Yep, Twenty Seven miles . . Hit pretty hard right side but appears engine and trans are fine along with a bunch of other parts.

Has the electronic locking 9 3/4 axle with 3.55 gears.

A new transmission from ford is 5300.00 plus a 1000.00 core so just that one part will be far more than cost of truck!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already knew this to be the case - but holy hell seeing a GM smallblock V8 displacing 6.2 liters next to a Ford V6 EB 3.5 it still astonishes me just how damn BIG Ford's engines are...always been that way, but the pics in this thread really hammer it home. 2 VERY different approaches to accomplishing a similar goal.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
120 is cookin for a brick!

Keeping the ecoboost stock?

I will add too it until it goes 115! LOL

I just picked up the complete 3.5 Eco truck with 27 miles on it so may build that engine for a "spare"

First up is getting the truck running driving. It's been down 6 months now. Too nice of truck to just let it sit. Also have it on the 4 post hoist in back shop. I need that hoist.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I already knew this to be the case - but holy hell seeing a GM smallblock V8 displacing 6.2 liters next to a Ford V6 EB 3.5 it still astonishes me just how damn BIG Ford's engines are...always been that way, but the pics in this thread really hammer it home. 2 VERY different approaches to accomplishing a similar goal.
The big difference you see in size is the Chevy is SOHC and Ford is DOHC. The Ford heads are massive compared to the Chevy. Stripped down to a short block the Chevy would be bigger.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The big difference you see in size is the Chevy is SOHC and Ford is DOHC. The Ford heads are massive compared to the Chevy. Stripped down to a short block the Chevy would be bigger.
Oh I know why it’s the case, it’s .

Oh I’m aware of it....and I’m driving a Raptor....but has me chuckling a bit reminding me of how “antiquated” & crude that stupid pushrod single cam design is from GM eh? Weighs same displaces 35% more volume takes up less space gets better gas mileage (depending on application” is simpler to work on w/ less moving parts & less add-one (turbos) to wear & fail. Either makes more power or pretty damn close depending which 3.5 EB we’re talking bout. If we were being completely fair putting the LT1 next to the HO 3.5 EB would make more sense- again, 2 very different ways to get to the same end result