Newb Question: S-cab vs. S-crew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedburgh

Reaction score
Two thoughts:

1. I had trouble finding a dealer who wasn't gouging, but then I came across Griffin Ford in Waukesha, WI. Even though it was far away, they gave me a below-sticker real quote, and over the phone at that. I compared their number to what TrueCar.com said was fair, and it was spot-on. The sales guy was tremendous, no nonsense, great guy. His name is Matt Strosin.

2. I have the SuperCab. Doors are tight, enough room for adults in the back, and it looks, to my eye anyway, way better than the longer cab.

Good luck!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screw is cumbersome in a parking lot but you get used to it. I almost never have rear seat passengers but I use the spacious rear ALL the time. The bed is for tools, hardware, etc. The rear interior is for groceries, guns, soft gear, etc.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The screw is cumbersome in a parking lot ...

It's hard to believe that the SCAB isn't. Pro tip from my days of driving 3/4 tons with 8' beds and a turning radius measured in furlongs - if the lot is at all tight, back into your parking spot. It's actually easier than going in forward and it's less likely that someone can block you in by parking a long vehicle directly across the aisle.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that the SCAB isn't. Pro tip from my days of driving 3/4 tons with 8' beds and a turning radius measured in furlongs - if the lot is at all tight, back into your parking spot. It's actually easier than going in forward and it's less likely that someone can block you in by parking a long vehicle directly across the aisle.

I had several 3/4 ton Suburbans, another super agile parking lot racer.

OP
OP
K

Kent150

Reaction score
I appreciate all the great feedback -- thanks to all for responding.

Unfortunately, I am shopping for a Raptor at apparently the absolute WORST possible time in Raptor history... 2020's are no longer being produced, and the 2021's have yet to even be announced, and thus probably 6-9 months away from real availability, so there is a huge availability gap. Dealers have figured this out, and EVERYONE who has a 2020 has jacked the price. All the dealers in the southwest USA (CA, NV, AZ, UT, NM, CO) who actually have one to sell are charging $10k-$15k over MSRP. The dealers who will sell at MSRP have zero stock, and guess they will have no incoming units until mid-to-late 2021.

I'm sure once the 2021's are available things will get better, but I can't wait the 6-9 months that may take. I may have to start looking at Power Wagons (!) or something else that actually exists! :emotions122:

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turning radius difference is .7'
Were did you find the turning radius for Raptor SCREW and SCAB.
Your other points are valid.
I could not find them. I can not believe .7' difference in radius/ 17" in diameter.

Using a Turning Radius Calculator I get more the 2' difference in the radius or 4' difference in the circle. I can back out of grocery store parking space and I am in the middle of the lane, I have seen screws in the same lot need to make a two point turn.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, I am shopping for a Raptor at apparently the absolute WORST possible time in Raptor history... 2020's are no longer being produced, and the 2021's have yet to even be announced, and thus probably 6-9 months away from real availability, so there is a huge availability gap. Dealers have figured this out, and EVERYONE who has a 2020 has jacked the price. All the dealers in the southwest USA (CA, NV, AZ, UT, NM, CO) who actually have one to sell are charging $10k-$15k over MSRP. The dealers who will sell at MSRP have zero stock, and guess they will have no incoming units until mid-to-late 2021.

I'm sure once the 2021's are available things will get better, but I can't wait the 6-9 months that may take. I may have to start looking at Power Wagons (!) or something else that actually exists! :emotions122:

Yep this is true. Used values are also very high. Not sure a Power Wagon solves your problem as it's in no way similar to the Raptor. Get a TRX. They'll be out before the Gen 3 Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Have you looked in Texas? Also, what about a low mileage 2019 or 2020 used?

OP
OP
K

Kent150

Reaction score
Yep this is true. Used values are also very high. Not sure a Power Wagon solves your problem as it's in no way similar to the Raptor. Get a TRX. They'll be out before the Gen 3 Raptor.
Indeed -- the used low-mile 2019/2020 Raptors I have been looking for are also priced high -- most at above their original MSRP. TRX is OK, but as it turns out, I don't have $75k+ to spend on a truck, and their likely single-digit city MPG's isn't very attractive. Power Wagon is actually available near me, and are even discounted into the high $50k's -- right in my target budget of low $60k's.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a Raptor, but it sure seems like they're just too rare at this time unless you want to pay through the nose to get one. I just can't do that and still be happy owning it.