New Zealand Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryed

Reaction score
I cannot imagine working that shifter with me left hand......and aren't you upside down on that side of the world?

#BlackRaptorsMatter
I drove a RHD Land Rover with a manual transmission. The floor pedals are the same as LHD, and the shifting pattern on the stick is the same direction, but using my left hand took some getting used to. Surprisingly after about 10 minutes it felt somewhat normal. I am left-handed. Not sure if that made it easier for my brain to process. It was a diesel Defender 110 imported from South Africa. Kind of a cool experience, but I don't get the popularity of these trucks.

OP
OP
D

darinz

Reaction score
It's funny as with RHD you can shift with your off hand (left) and steer with your right so kinda makes sense.....

As for the Candian...you're a bit like us kiwis, we get called Australians all around the world and I can assure you no one deserves that!

And I think I'll manage with the banter.... and if all else fails I'll just meantion the All Blacks!

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we need more pics of wheeling in New Zealand. Seeing the pics of RHD plays tricks on my mind. Very Cool!