GEN 2 New wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I posted in lightweight wheels thread already, but I’ve done a couple shakedown drives and thought I’d put up some pics
I had the local stealership install my Motegi Traillites w/ KO2’s.

No tire shine here.
First thing I did once I secured the spares was tear through the back yard, ripping up sticker burr grass in large swaths :cool: and plunging into the newly formed pond in our yard a few times. A couple trips to the far back where even the vultures are hesitant to go and it’s nice to have a bit more traction and a few less pounds.

So after incurring the wife’s scorn for donuts in the back yard, I headed to the range.

-I’ve been warning them against patching up the craters on the mile long dirt road, warning of urban, prius driving, subhumans and wouldn’t you know it... One of these hypermiling city dwellers pulled in just before me. If you thought these goofballs were slow in the fast lane or the HOV lane, you cannot imagine how slow they are on a pockmarked, dirt road.

IMG_4827.jpg

Yup, look through the windows and you’ll see Mr. Urban prius driver. I made sure to take this picture at an angle that totally eclipsed that pathetic excuse for an automobile. Enough prius b!tching. More Raptor pictures.

IMG_4828.jpg

Man... I was lazy on this pic; there’s a JEEP in this pic ! ACK! Profound apologies. Wheels look pretty sharp though. We were running the OEM ’17 beadlock capable wheels previously. Traillites are about 13.5-14 pounds lighter per wheel.

IMG_4829.jpg

I have to admit, her new shoes do make her look a bit more hot.

IMG_4830.jpg

Mr. & Ms. Urban prius driver are long gone, scared off by the sound of freedom. Go figure.

IMG_4831.jpg

My shenanigans in the back yard are the most telling to me. It’s a ***** on the “hard tail” mower, and I’ve been using it for Raptor fun for months now. There’s definitely a difference in the way the suspension responds. This is a completely subjective observation, of course, but going from the 37+ pound factory wheels to the ~24 pound Motegis is noticeable.

If I didn’t have the 2nd “pond” I could probably get some air. I’ve got a low lying area that collects water and we’ve had about 6 inches of rain in the last month, so I’m rocking a pond about 18” deep and at least 100 yards long, but it has a nice ‘ramp’ if it weren’t full of freakin water ! Oh well.

I was really dreading the new tires, worried about trouble balancing them as many reported preciously. Local Stealership did a great job with them and it looks like they used about half the weights Ford did. It went smoothly.

My old tires were shagged. Inspectable, but really needing replacement.
Scored the Motegis from @Pacific Wheel and would do it again.

54Bravo

Reaction score
I posted in lightweight wheels thread already, but I’ve done a couple shakedown drives and thought I’d put up some pics
I had the local stealership install my Motegi Traillites w/ KO2’s.

No tire shine here.
First thing I did once I secured the spares was tear through the back yard, ripping up sticker burr grass in large swaths :cool: and plunging into the newly formed pond in our yard a few times. A couple trips to the far back where even the vultures are hesitant to go and it’s nice to have a bit more traction and a few less pounds.

So after incurring the wife’s scorn for donuts in the back yard, I headed to the range.

-I’ve been warning them against patching up the craters on the mile long dirt road, warning of urban, prius driving, subhumans and wouldn’t you know it... One of these hypermiling city dwellers pulled in just before me. If you thought these goofballs were slow in the fast lane or the HOV lane, you cannot imagine how slow they are on a pockmarked, dirt road.

View attachment 212679

Yup, look through the windows and you’ll see Mr. Urban prius driver. I made sure to take this picture at an angle that totally eclipsed that pathetic excuse for an automobile. Enough prius b!tching. More Raptor pictures.

View attachment 212680

Man... I was lazy on this pic; there’s a JEEP in this pic ! ACK! Profound apologies. Wheels look pretty sharp though. We were running the OEM ’17 beadlock capable wheels previously. Traillites are about 13.5-14 pounds lighter per wheel.

View attachment 212681

I have to admit, her new shoes do make her look a bit more hot.

View attachment 212682

Mr. & Ms. Urban prius driver are long gone, scared off by the sound of freedom. Go figure.

View attachment 212683

My shenanigans in the back yard are the most telling to me. It’s a ***** on the “hard tail” mower, and I’ve been using it for Raptor fun for months now. There’s definitely a difference in the way the suspension responds. This is a completely subjective observation, of course, but going from the 37+ pound factory wheels to the ~24 pound Motegis is noticeable.

If I didn’t have the 2nd “pond” I could probably get some air. I’ve got a low lying area that collects water and we’ve had about 6 inches of rain in the last month, so I’m rocking a pond about 18” deep and at least 100 yards long, but it has a nice ‘ramp’ if it weren’t full of freakin water ! Oh well.

I was really dreading the new tires, worried about trouble balancing them as many reported preciously. Local Stealership did a great job with them and it looks like they used about half the weights Ford did. It went smoothly.

My old tires were shagged. Inspectable, but really needing replacement.
Scored the Motegis from @Pacific Wheel and would do it again.
Beautiful machine brother!! Send pics of the chaos you made in the backyard!! :)