New wheels and alignment question

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by RV67, Jul 20, 2015.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. RV67

RV67 Full Access Member

Hey all -

Last nite I ordered new bfg's and method DBL standards.

Today I went to a reputable shop to make appt. for front end alignment and one of the guys working there said that if the new wheels have a different offset it may change the alignment ......huh ? He says you may want to do alignment with new wheels instead.

I know folks change wheels often and I have never heard this.And I ordered the dbl standards 17 x 8.5 -6 x 135mm 0 offset / 4.75 back spacing.

I could see if I was going to 20''s but Im not too far from stock.Can someone who knows alignments shed some light on this ?

******Also Can I use factory lugnuts on method wheels ??******

Thanks

2. PacificWheel

PacificWheel Full Access Member

I never re-aligned with my methods. If you're coming from warn tires (50% tread or less) and putting new tires on it's good to align after you get new ones. If not I wouldn't worry about whether it's done before of after.

You cannot use stock lugs. You will need aftermarket.

3. BAJA1K

BAJA1K Full Access Member

Do alignment with new wheels and tires mounted. Method wheels need a small diameter lug nut. Stock lug nuts will not work. I have a set of used small diameter black Gorilla spline lug nuts for sale $50.00 includes spline key as well. Free shipping to you if you want them.

4. RV67

RV67 Full Access Member

Pics and how used are they ? Where are you shipping from ? Send me a PM please and Thanks

Also Thanks for the quick replys from all I just did a search and finally found someone who also said No on the lugs.

5. BAJA1K

BAJA1K Full Access Member

Lug nuts

Here are the pics of the lug nuts you need.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015