6.2 NEW Volant Exhaust + Corsa Res Delete - Vid and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANDR3W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure man @ANDR3W. Just ran to the garage and took a few pics for you. Hell, if it wasn't for your help and your sound clip, I probably wouldn't have this kick ass exhaust anyways. Here's the "best" of the few that I took. I used the stock tip cause why not, it was dirty anyways so I threw it on there.

Lol, glad I was able to help with your decision.

Awesome. I'll put mine at the muffler and mount up the gopro and get you the sound clip this weekend so you can compare.

other365

Reaction score
Bumping a dead thread just to say the Volant and resonator delete combo is still alive and well in 2020. There are some cheaper options for resonator delete pipes now other than just the Corsa (I went with FactionFab). I read this thread a few times while debating what catback I wanted, and in case it helps anyone else:
  • Yes the cold start is loud. Yes its awesome. No it does not drone. You do not hear it at all at highway cruise over wind\tires.
  • Cold start subsides to deep rumble pretty quickly. While driving around town at slow speeds its probably the loudest in cabin at 2k rpm. Not that its loud.. it just lets you know its there :)
  • Some of my piping had production date stickers of 2015, the muffler was 2020. The Volant and Corsa muffler internals are different, by how much I can't say - but they are both straight through designs. My guess is that its the same muffler as you would get in a Corsa DB system.
  • Personally I think this combo gets the Corsa extreme sound at half the price, I don't care about tips since they got filthy 2 miles after install, and will get beat up by rocks and possibly totally destroyed on trails.
  • I own a rice rocket with high flow cat + resonator only exhaust. It drones. It resonates. At 5k RPM you wouldn't hear a nuke go off. This exhaust is not that.
  • Couple mentions of loose exhausts\falling out - instructions say to re-tighten everything after a few heat cycles, will be doing that this weekend.
Album with cold start found here: https://imgur.com/a/iGNj4Pq

Side note, I bought a Vibrant Ultraquiet resonator, I'm undecided if I will end up using it. Its about half the size of the OEM resonator. Will live with the exhaust as is for a few weeks and feel it out.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping a dead thread just to say the Volant and resonator delete combo is still alive and well in 2020. There are some cheaper options for resonator delete pipes now other than just the Corsa (I went with FactionFab). I read this thread a few times while debating what catback I wanted, and in case it helps anyone else:
  • Yes the cold start is loud. Yes its awesome. No it does not drone. You do not hear it at all at highway cruise over wind\tires.
  • Cold start subsides to deep rumble pretty quickly. While driving around town at slow speeds its probably the loudest in cabin at 2k rpm. Not that its loud.. it just lets you know its there :)
  • Some of my piping had production date stickers of 2015, the muffler was 2020. The Volant and Corsa muffler internals are different, by how much I can't say - but they are both straight through designs. My guess is that its the same muffler as you would get in a Corsa DB system.
  • Personally I think this combo gets the Corsa extreme sound at half the price, I don't care about tips since they got filthy 2 miles after install, and will get beat up by rocks and possibly totally destroyed on trails.
  • I own a rice rocket with high flow cat + resonator only exhaust. It drones. It resonates. At 5k RPM you wouldn't hear a nuke go off. This exhaust is not that.
  • Couple mentions of loose exhausts\falling out - instructions say to re-tighten everything after a few heat cycles, will be doing that this weekend.

Side note, I bought a Vibrant Ultraquiet resonator, I'm undecided if I will end up using it. Its about half the size of the OEM resonator. Will live with the exhaust as is for a few weeks and feel it out.
Just did this exact setup 2 days ago and can confirm everything you stated. I had one big issue during install however. I ordered the factionfab resonator delete and when I tell you it was nearly impossible to get the flanged end to slide over the Volant pipe I am serious. I spent an hour alone trying to connect them. I pryed the lip to try to make it slightly wider. It was just not happening. I was only able to get it to work by picking up the resonator delete and slamming it into the volant pipe on the concrete ground. I doubt I will ever be able to seperate that section. Good thing that it sounds amazing and I have no plans to remove it. It truely was exactly what I was looking, mean startup, mean WOT, and not there at all when cruising. For those with a family and or long commutes I cant recommend this setup enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I am ordering the Volant 54387 right now and though I have read this thread a couple of times now I didn't realize @BIRDMAN had a SCAB. So I was worried about fitment on my SCREW. I'm glad I watched your video again and saw you have a SCREW as well.

So basically there should be no fitment issue with the Volant 54387, correct? It's the size of the resonator delete I have to worry about? My plan all along was to have a local muffler shop just cut a straight pipe so I think I'm OK on that front. Do you see any issues with my plan? :)

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ordering the Volant 54387 right now and though I have read this thread a couple of times now I didn't realize @BIRDMAN had a SCAB. So I was worried about fitment on my SCREW. I'm glad I watched your video again and saw you have a SCREW as well.

So basically there should be no fitment issue with the Volant 54387, correct? It's the size of the resonator delete I have to worry about? My plan all along was to have a local muffler shop just cut a straight pipe so I think I'm OK on that front. Do you see any issues with my plan? :)
Your correct, the only thing that would matter is the resonator delete length. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Like all those who have gone with the Volant I am extremely happy with the sound. I had my local muffler guy remove the resonator and install a straight pipe. As before I cut the tip right after the axle and boy oh boy does it sound great.

Full throttle is loud and obnoxious like a V8 should be...

On the highway it is just as quiet as the OEM muffler.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FiveOsvt Reminded me of when I installed my exhaust system years ago. I had to do the very same thing to get the factory res mated to the muffler assembly. I used one of my wife's cutting boards to take the impact instead of the concrete. The very thing that has kept me from wanting to try res delete pipe LOL.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score

how long did it take you to receive the exhaust? I bought mine mid April and havent gotten it yet. Getting impatient.