New video with a Ford Pres

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon_Solo

Reaction score
What is even the point of this reply? Who in their right mind cross shops an entry level luxury EV w/ a Baja bred high performance offroad pickup truck? Eh?

I couldnt give 2 ***** if a model 3 beat me in a drag race on the street in my Raptor, gen2 tuned, gen3 base or R- I quite literally don’t even consider EVs truly a complete “vehicle” in the truest sense.....they have much more in common w/ my Polaris ATV or a boat or something- luxury item, huge depreciation, not practical, only used on occasion etc etc

I could also care less about how quick a model 3 does 0-60, I’d drive right up & over one in a Raptor R while making a bee-line for the tree-line ya dig? One vehicle is a complete swiss army “do ANYthing” pretty much beast of a rig, & the others a one trick pony that helps progressives sleep better at night b/c they think they’re better than everyone for reducing our carbon footprint (which as I’ve been over many times....purely isn’t the case)

I would like a Tesla as a 3rd vehicle as a pure luxury play & for the novelty of self driving....which is really a huge tease since it’s completely useless as the vehicle makes you grab the wheel every now & then....oh yeah @ b/c you’d immediately lose your license &/or be infinitely liable should anything happen while you’re in “self driving mode” & actually taking true advantage of it by: sleeping, getting road head, playing video games, reading, eating pizza, drinking BEER, playing checkers etc etc etc- what the F good is a self driving car if you legally can’t take any use of it!?!?

oh & the “parlor trick” of their speed? You take the model 3, s, x, I don’t give a F what model, meet me at ANY track, & I’ll race ya in 1/4 mile in my vette, you may or may not inch me out the first couple or 3 races (actually if I launch it well NO Tesla is beating a 718whp 3150lb C5Z on R888Rs....) after that it’s all progressively downhill from there. As your charge drops so does my gas tank, except an ICE gets FASTER & LIGHTER w/ less fuel, an EV stays the same weight & gets slower w/ less charge, from 80% charge & down the acceleration performance drops from there & compounds the lower it gets. @ 25-40%, it’s a whole different car

and that’s before we get into the braking/handling performance (or complete & utter lack thereof?) - so instead of meeting me at the dragstrip I’ll meet ya @ a road course w/ ya cute model 3....there you won’t have to worry bout charge performance anxiety, ya F’n Tesla will be off the track into the weeds by the 2nd lap

bahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahha

how bout we offroad race an EV rivian or hummer truck against a Rapper. In February. In Manitoba. Wonder how that’ll work out for your badass EV trucks?

like Lizzo says #truthhurts bro
Sir this is a Wendy’s.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the new Bronco finally saw publication of the final power and torque numbers and it was higher than everyone had anticipated. The 2.3 is 300hp and the 2.7 is 330hp. That means the inevitable Warthog might have to come in higher than we thought which might pressure Ford to increase power on the Raptor. If "Raptor" is becoming a 'brand', with a Ranger Raptor and possible Bronco Raptor, I would certainly think the F-150, as the 'OG' Raptor would have to have at least the same or more power then the Raptorized Bronco.

Then again, maybe the Bronco will come in at an $80,000 price point and therefore get more power than a plebeian $70,000 pickup. Jeep asks quite a lot for its Wrangler 392 so we are about to find out what the market will bear it seems.

Back to my point: If the 2.7 is putting out 330hp and 415 torque in the Bronco, I've got to think that Ford is going to get at least the same specific torque output out of their "high output" version of the ecoboost six, which would put it at 530ish torque.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the very least we know intake and exhaust has been completely changed. This will affect hp.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is even the point of this reply? Who in their right mind cross shops an entry level luxury EV w/ a Baja bred high performance offroad pickup truck? Eh?

I couldnt give 2 ***** if a model 3 beat me in a drag race on the street in my Raptor, gen2 tuned, gen3 base or R- I quite literally don’t even consider EVs truly a complete “vehicle” in the truest sense.....they have much more in common w/ my Polaris ATV or a boat or something- luxury item, huge depreciation, not practical, only used on occasion etc etc

I could also care less about how quick a model 3 does 0-60, I’d drive right up & over one in a Raptor R while making a bee-line for the tree-line ya dig? One vehicle is a complete swiss army “do ANYthing” pretty much beast of a rig, & the others a one trick pony that helps progressives sleep better at night b/c they think they’re better than everyone for reducing our carbon footprint (which as I’ve been over many times....purely isn’t the case)

I would like a Tesla as a 3rd vehicle as a pure luxury play & for the novelty of self driving....which is really a huge tease since it’s completely useless as the vehicle makes you grab the wheel every now & then....oh yeah @ b/c you’d immediately lose your license &/or be infinitely liable should anything happen while you’re in “self driving mode” & actually taking true advantage of it by: sleeping, getting road head, playing video games, reading, eating pizza, drinking BEER, playing checkers etc etc etc- what the F good is a self driving car if you legally can’t take any use of it!?!?

oh & the “parlor trick” of their speed? You take the model 3, s, x, I don’t give a F what model, meet me at ANY track, & I’ll race ya in 1/4 mile in my vette, you may or may not inch me out the first couple or 3 races (actually if I launch it well NO Tesla is beating a 718whp 3150lb C5Z on R888Rs....) after that it’s all progressively downhill from there. As your charge drops so does my gas tank, except an ICE gets FASTER & LIGHTER w/ less fuel, an EV stays the same weight & gets slower w/ less charge, from 80% charge & down the acceleration performance drops from there & compounds the lower it gets. @ 25-40%, it’s a whole different car

and that’s before we get into the braking/handling performance (or complete & utter lack thereof?) - so instead of meeting me at the dragstrip I’ll meet ya @ a road course w/ ya cute model 3....there you won’t have to worry bout charge performance anxiety, ya F’n Tesla will be off the track into the weeds by the 2nd lap

bahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahha

how bout we offroad race an EV rivian or hummer truck against a Rapper. In February. In Manitoba. Wonder how that’ll work out for your badass EV trucks?

like Lizzo says #truthhurts bro
Electrification history has just begun. It has gone light years in advancement compared to ICE. Every single performance supe/hyper car is electrified. It is superior in performance in every way.

I daily my M3P all day long. The raptor is the garage queen. If I could, I would swap out the raptor motor and put the M3P drive train and technology honestly.

Oh wait, ford is copying tesla with copilot360/blue cruise and OTA updates. Ford is trying to catch up bud.

Complacency makes you irrelevant.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Electrification history has just begun. It has gone light years in advancement compared to ICE. Every single performance supe/hyper car is electrified. It is superior in performance in every way.
Except the ones that need to go far into the backcountry in all sorts of weather while carrying or pulling heavy loads. Hot and cold weather both destroy range. I suspect that I'll be forced into an EV before that one gets solved. I suppose I can add a generator and a ton of fuel to my load ...

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Except the ones that need to go far into the backcountry in all sorts of weather while carrying or pulling heavy loads. Hot and cold weather both destroy range. I suspect that I'll be forced into an EV before that one gets solved. I suppose I can add a generator and a ton of fuel to my load ...

I wouldn't worry too much. Realistically, we are decades away from full EV adoption, and it may barely even happen in our lifetimes.

Still much to be figured out in terms of upgrading power grid, how people who don't live in single-family homes charge, nationwide charging adapters, etc. Just that stuff will take a decade or two to figure out - can't build power plants overnight.

EVs are also wildly discriminatory against lower-income folks, as the vehicles themselves are expensive, and then the required charging ports are not cheap either.

If you think the US has a ways to go and a lot of money to spend to get there, what about India? Brazil? China? Africa? How realistic are EVs anytime soon for the 2 billion people in those places, when some of their population doesn't even have power in their homes? It's laughable.

And do you really think the Exxons and BPs of the world are going to just shrug their shoulders and fade quietly into the night in the name of "climate progress"?

Auto manufacturers, and US/Euro governments, can come up with whatever idealistic targets they want for mandatory EV adoption, but the ICE is not going away for a long, long time.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to throw something else into the mix... why is hydrogen such a non subject as far as propulsion is considered?
GM had a fully functioning one years and years ago. The patent got bought out. (Suspect by an oil company)
Only emission is pure water.
I can’t understand how auto manufacturers can’t make a stable storage system inside a vehicle for a hydrogen tank.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to throw something else into the mix... why is hydrogen such a non subject as far as propulsion is considered?
GM had a fully functioning one years and years ago. The patent got bought out. (Suspect by an oil company)
Only emission is pure water.
I can’t understand how auto manufacturers can’t make a stable storage system inside a vehicle for a hydrogen tank.
The biggest problem with hydrogen is infrastructure. How do you get it from the source into vehicles? At least with electric, there's an existing grid and "all" you have to do is add a bunch of charging stations. Even that is a hernia.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with hydrogen is infrastructure. How do you get it from the source into vehicles? At least with electric, there's an existing grid and "all" you have to do is add a bunch of charging stations. Even that is a hernia.
That makes sense, it’s a huge undertaking but would literally solve the climate issues all these people are “trying” to solve.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I daily my M3P all day long. The raptor is the garage queen. If I could, I would swap out the raptor motor and put the M3P drive train and technology honestly.

Oh wait, ford is copying tesla with copilot360/blue cruise and OTA updates. Ford is trying to catch up bud.

Complacency makes you irrelevant.
EVs have hardly gone “light years” in advancement. They still take hours to charge, can lose close to 100 miles of range depending on ambient temperature and climate control usage, the batteries have a limited life depending on charge cycles, and when they fail there is no repairing or servicing them. You simply need an entirely new battery, which easily exceeds the value of the vehicle outside of warranty. These are the kind of vehicles you lease, not own long term.

Ford is not “playing catch up”. Unlike Tesla, they actually test their technology before it goes out to consumers. Ford doesn’t let people set “auto pilot” and then jump into the passenger seat as the vehicle drives itself into a tree at high speed and becomes a fireball.

Tesla’s Sociopath Narcissist CEO claims they’ll offer “Full Self Driving” this year, yet their system is SAE L2 only, which makes is driver assist, nothing more. The driver needs to be paying attention at all times. Muskrat is a lying sack of shit and a con artist; he will say anything to get attention. Most recently he claimed engineering his ************* “Model Y” was more challenging than winning WW2. The guy is a National disgrace and embarrassment; I would never buy a product from a scumbag like that. Not to mention their quality is bottom of the barrel, they will use anything including balsa wood to get a car down the assembly line.