New Velociraptor Owner but .. Need help getting it shipped to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Only positive thoughts here with 0 regrets. I'm not much for gossip or rumors and appreciate your input if you are just trying to help. I didn't "build it". It is a used 2017. I Here are the facts when I completed research:

It's a 2017 (Gen 2) and based the research on what is included by Hennesey for the Gen 2's to get to 600hp. I didn't find anything that's likely to burn it to the ground, or that I, or any other builder wouldn't install.

• High-flow air induction system (No Risk- AFE GT Momentum)
  • Turbo wastegate modification (Unknown yet TBD)
  • Air to air front mounted intercooler upgrade ( No Risk- Appears to be Full-Race brand, who was commissioned in Feb. 2010 by Ford engineers to design prototype EFR turbo kits for the soon-to-be-released 3.5L V6 F-150)
  • Intercooler piping upgrade (No risk)
  • Stainless steel exhaust system (No Risk- Catback)
  • Engine management computer software upgrade (No Risk - Re-map ECM)
  • All necessary gaskets and fluids (No Risk)
  • Professional installation (No Risk)
  • Chassis dyno calibration & testing (No Risk)
  • Road testing up to 200 miles (No Risk)
  • Hennessey & VelociRaptor 600 Twin Turbo exterior emblems (limited Risk :)
  • 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty (No Risk)
So... Based on my findings the entire system is bolt on with the exception of the ECM re-mapping. Hope this helps. If you have more info I am open to it. I also spoke with tech at Hennessey this week regarding this vehicle and they were real nice to me. They have nothing to gain but a good reputation and customer service since I already own it. I will keep you posted as I move forward. Thanks again.

OP
OP
R

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Yes, Jkidd_39
I am aware it's a lemon :) Has new engine put in by Ford with warranty, so I am pretty happy with my lemonade. I have copies of the work completed.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You realize that Montway is an exclusive U-Shit vendor? You must have been one of the lucky few, they generally suck.
No I didn't realize that, I had great results! Just shipped my FJ40 to a buyer in GA and he used u-ship and it was a nightmare. They damaged it in transit and wouldn't own up to it...fortunately he was an attorney and laid the smack down.

Jkidd_39

Reaction score
Yes, Jkidd_39
I am aware it's a lemon :) Has new engine put in by Ford with warranty, so I am pretty happy with my lemonade. I have copies of the work completed.
Awesome. I hope it's a great truck for you. I found it a month or so back and just figured I would mention it.

It's a beautiful truck. GL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Raptor10X

Reaction score
I'm not much for gossip or rumors and appreciate your input if you are just trying to help. Only positive thoughts here with 0 regrets. I didn't "build it". It is a used 2017. Here are the facts when I completed research:

2017 (Gen 2) and based the research on what is included by Hennesey for the Gen 2's to get to 600hp. I didn't find anything that's likely to burn it to the ground, or that I, or any other builder wouldn't install.
  • High-flow air induction system (No Risk- AFE GT Momentum)
  • Turbo wastegate modification (Unknown yet TBD)Air to air front mounted intercooler upgrade ( No Risk- Appears to be Full-Race brand, who was commissioned in Feb. 2010 by Ford engineers to design prototype EFR turbo kits for the soon-to-be-released 3.5L V6 F-150)
  • Intercooler piping upgrade (No risk)
  • Stainless steel exhaust system (No Risk- Catback)
  • Engine management computer software upgrade (No Risk - Re-map ECM)
  • All necessary gaskets and fluids (No Risk)
  • Professional installation (No Risk)
  • Chassis dyno calibration & testing (No Risk)
  • Road testing up to 200 miles (No Risk)
  • Hennessey & VelociRaptor 600 Twin Turbo exterior emblems (limited Risk :)
  • 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty (No Risk)
So... Based on my findings the entire system is bolt on with the exception of the ECM re-mapping. Hope this helps. If you have more info I am open to it. I also spoke with tech at Hennessey this week regarding this vehicle and they were real nice to me. They have nothing to gain but a good reputation and customer service since I already own it. I will keep you posted as I move forward. Thanks again.

In Regards to it being a Lemon or Lemonade depending on how you look at it: New engine and LH Turbo, pipes replaced by Ford with stock (for now)

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go pick it up, get some miles on the new motor so when you are home you can romp on it. Sounds like you need a fore extinguisher before you start your track home

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Number one rule if you get in trouble is put it to the floor! and I don't mean brakes.
That's as dumb a comment as can be made. If you're being pulled over for any infraction then running quickly elevates that to a felony in most jurisdictions.
Could lose your truck, could lose your license and will definitely endanger citizens.
Stupid.