New tyres on an Aussie Gen 2 SCAB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macca

Reaction score
I read with interest many of your topics and wish to enlighten some on the trials and tribulations of owning a Gen 2 Raptor in Aus.
Firstly i have been on the forum lately enquiring about the load capacity of the SCAB . Iam a little better informed now,thanks.
The other recent sage involves the fitting of new KO2,s.
I have owned this vehicle since May ,17 though took delivery Dec,17.Since then have clocked 26,000kms.and the rear tyres are shot with half on the front.Yes they were not rotated at 10,00kms.bugger.
The new KO2 s are the next load rating 120/118 as the original tyres are not " legally sold" here cause all other similar vehicles are rated to carry 1tonne.
I had to ensure that these "Aussie"tyres would not effect my handling and BFG advise no different though a stronger tyre.
On wheel alignment day i had to find a suitable premises that could handle the extra width on the ramp.Not many around other than truck centres.

I do know that Ford Ranger Raptor does come with KO2 s in the 113/110 load range C tyre though not same size as F150 Raptor.Here participating Ford dealers can arrange supply of these as replacements later on.
What a vehicle has fitted from new is legal and insureable.
Getting back to the wheel alignment,it appears that our roads here have shit loads more camber than yours and my wheels needed heaps of correction.
Also,apparently the rear wheels have camber/ toe adjustment , only on the Raptor..wouldnt have known it?
Anyway this is one Helluva Truck!