new turbos in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Quiker

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap man, that is a better instruction write up than I have ever seen! Even from a manufacturer. Good job with that! How long would you say (in hours) it took you do complete this? Sorry if you mentioned I must have missed it.
The first time through I had to figure out how things came apart - and only had partial Saturdays to work on it, then had to order bolts, couplings, ...etc few start and stops - probably 4 full days. Now - more like 2.

OP
OP
Quiker

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes really good instructions you put together. Let me ask you. Do you think by chance that turbine case insulation blanket may have contributed to the burnt up turbine impeller? Almost looks like it cooked and then came apart.
well - it 'shouldn't' have - I've always used them - I run a 89 Lotus Esprit and the turbo glows red 2' behind my head - so the blanket kept some of the heat off. First time I've seem the impellor break off like that.... who knows....

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well - it 'shouldn't' have - I've always used them - I run a 89 Lotus Esprit and the turbo glows red 2' behind my head - so the blanket kept some of the heat off. First time I've seem the impellor break off like that.... who knows....
Yes true, who would know. True that insulation wrap can surely keep areas around the turbine much cooler. Wow talk about a bad sunburn in the Lotus.

OP
OP
Quiker

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get the larger HPFP and JMS fuel max. I have both with stage 5 turbos just had it tuned 2 days ago in texas with @GooseTuned will do a post with results think I now hold the record for raptor V6
Awesome to hear. Which has did you get?
Did you go colder on plugs?

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome to hear. Which has did you get?
Did you go colder on plugs?