New Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you think the stock mufflers and pipes would sound mated to the catless down pipes? I ask because I would like the HP increase but I don't care for all the noise of after market mufflers>

From what stainless works said the video is a catted pipe, and a catless pipe is going to be a little louder not a huge difference. I liked the catted with the stock cat back. I'm gonna try the catless first then if its not to my liking, I might get the borla catback.

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does 5 Star recommend pairing the throttle box with their tune? It sounds from their webpage they've already accounted for the stock soft tip-in.

If you get the chance, report back on changes in mileage. It sounds like they were able to lean it out a fair bit from the stock tune so it might improve overall mileage.

OP
OP
Rowdy350

Rowdy350

Reaction score
Does 5 Star recommend pairing the throttle box with their tune? It sounds from their webpage they've already accounted for the stock soft tip-in.

If you get the chance, report back on changes in mileage. It sounds like they were able to lean it out a fair bit from the stock tune so it might improve overall mileage.

I'd forgoe the "Throttle Box". I'm going to pull mine off and sell it. I don't really dig it.

Mileage is acceptable. I just watch my dash display for mileage. I don't really get excited about it. I pulled my car hauler and a new Yamaha SxS back from Las Cruces and got 12.3. So ya..... it's not a mileage freak.