New tune = new numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, all these different dynos at different places with different stuff on your truck. What are the conclusions you draw from them? I'm trying to understand your methodology and results.
You're reading to far into it. JDM's tune was causing me lots of trouble with the crazy temperatures we are having here more specifically when it would gets really cold and it also cost me a set of plugs so the truck needed a retune really bad. So I took the truck to Troyer Performance. Mike(tuner/owner) specializes solely in F-series truck and is very good at what he does. My truck is night and day different between the tunes. All the problems I had with the JDM tune are gone and it drives very similar to a stock Raptor but still has all the power of my mods.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is night and day different between the tunes. . . . it drives very similar to a stock Raptor but still has all the power of my mods.

The above quotes is what proves to me you should be a happy camper. It's all about the drivability, in a street driven vehicle. In all honesty your vehicle along with almost all others are only at WOT less than 5-10% of the time. I'm not talking about any tuner specifically, just in general most of them load a tune, make their adjustments to the calibration, then start tuning for WOT and testing at WOT on the dyno. I have been to umpteen tuners myself so I know this from first hand experience. Then when I learned and became certified I saw things from a whole new perspective. In any event, seems like your truck is running sound and that is ten times more important than dyno numbers. Congrats, FFS

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice work Tank! I'm definitely impressed with the work you've done and happy to hear you're getting the little bugs worked out... :thumbsup:

As far as the dyno results and comparisons? It would be nice to be able to compare "apples to apples" when it comes to numbers... but that's not always possible. The most important thing, as FFS already said, is driveability. Peak numbers might impress some people but "you can't drive a dyno." :)

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a look into the ECU of my Raptor yesterday. Holy parameters lol. I can see to iron out a "near perfect" tune, it will take some dedicated time.

I started with a baseline at 266/285 on a Mustang MD100 Eddy current dynamometer.
I was on regular 87 octane.
After adjustments I ended up at 266/319.
I added my E-85 to start testing that, but then ran out of time.
Another time another day and I'll get back to iron out the bugs and to verify the E-85 portion is fine.
I'd expect a lot cooler temps and a little more power and torque to gain.

0hp/34tq gain - at the rear wheels.

Until I get bugs worked out, I reloaded the stock tune because I'm not a power hungry *****, (in this pickup at least and I feel I'd rather be safe than sorry).

Not trying to steal your thread, just thought this sort of pertained and you'd be interested Tank. FFS

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a look into the ECU of my Raptor yesterday. Holy parameters lol. I can see to iron out a "near perfect" tune, it will take some dedicated time.

I started with a baseline at 266/285 on a Mustang MD100 Eddy current dynamometer.
I was on regular 87 octane.
After adjustments I ended up at 266/319.
I added my E-85 to start testing that, but then ran out of time.
Another time another day and I'll get back to iron out the bugs and to verify the E-85 portion is fine.
I'd expect a lot cooler temps and a little more power and torque to gain.

0hp/34tq gain - at the rear wheels.

Until I get bugs worked out, I reloaded the stock tune because I'm not a power hungry *****, (in this pickup at least and I feel I'd rather be safe than sorry).

Not trying to steal your thread, just thought this sort of pertained and you'd be interested Tank. FFS

Nice torque gain!

I'm interested to see what you can coax from E85...