New TSB dated: 15JULY2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I hear that right? The tech gets .6 hour to to perform the reflash if there’s no shudder and then if there’s a shudder afterwards he has to do it all over again but only gets .9 hour for the whole repair. Seems like a rip off for the tech. Just sayin…

It’s a day and a half job.
So, is there one option that's going to take less than an hour, and one that takes 1.5 days? Seems like a drastic difference between the two. How do I know if I'm due for the 1 hour repair or the 1.5 day repair?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, is there one option that's going to take less than an hour, and one that takes 1.5 days? Seems like a drastic difference between the two. How do I know if I'm due for the 1 hour repair or the 1.5 day repair?
The software update takes 1 hour. If you don’t have a cam phaser noise, that is all you need. The day and a half repair is to replace the cam phasers, which is only necessary if you are experiencing a cam phaser noise.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The software update takes 1 hour. If you don’t have a cam phaser noise, that is all you need. The day and a half repair is to replace the cam phasers, which is only necessary if you are experiencing a cam phaser noise.
I definitely get a rattle when the truck starts up cold (having not been started in a while). Seems like that's going to be the 1.5 day repair, then?

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s the cam phasers that are rattling, then yes.
I’m guessing I just need to take it into the dealer to figure that out, right? From what I’ve read about it, that sure seems what it is.

Assuming it does require overnight service, would a rental car be included? Or does that depend on my personal insurance (I don’t have an ESP yet, as I still have another 6 months or 11k miles until my factory warranty runs out)? Maybe now is a good time for me to add the ESP, as I was thinking about including rental coverage also…

OP
OP
INDO-RAPTOR

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
Hey FordTechOne, thanks for answering all of our questions regarding this subject.

Before this latest TSB Supplement, I was concerned about the previous TSB's, for they never specifically listed the Limited or the Raptor. The term "F150 w/ 3.5 EcoBoost" was commonly found on the previous TSB's. All of us know those engines are of a different variant than ours. (be it the same, but with different performance outputs, and thus programming etc.). So, it seemed to be just a matter of time before "we" were officially included in writing. Let's face it... Companies are not always quick to include a group if they are not initially required to, and there are a lot less Raptor & Limited variant 3.5 H.O. EB's out there when compared to the "regular" 3.5 EB's on all the other models.

I've been bleeding "Ford Blue" for decades, just like my father. I grew up "helping" him service our FoMoCo vehicles in our driveway, and to this day, my favorite was our blue 1967 Ford Galaxy station wagon. Now understand, we're talking from the days when he took my training wheels off my red Columbia (single speed) bicycle and I got a Flexible Flyer sled (still have that stored in my garage). He always had me out there leaning over the fender and looking in the engine compartments with him. (Still have many of his tools and his timing light.). Well, enough regarding "Memory Lane"....

GM guys are always GM guys. MOPAR guys are always MOPAR guys. I'm a Ford guy. We all know the saying those guys tell us about Ford, and every time they do I always give them: FORD = First On Race Day. (regardless of any statistics)

With the complexity of today's vehicles, versus decades ago, I can see why it may take a little more time to get this recall mess put out, but I'll also agree that it is a hassle and of concern for all of us. It is chaotic, and it does make one wonder, "What's next?"

Overall, I'm pleased that FoMoCo is getting on this and now includes all of us!

Attachments

• tempImagep207oh.png
    tempImagep207oh.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImage2XQpmp.png
    tempImage2XQpmp.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a friend with a '19 Raptor contact his local dealer about the TSB, and they also said the same as @dixonk's dealer about not performing that TSB because it's been known to cause more harm than good. They did, however, tell him that they are going to replace his timing chain, cam phasers, and cam phaser guides all under warranty rather than do the TSB. I just sent him the information to tell him he should ask about 21B10-S2 specifically. Seems like even if those parts get replaced that he'll just end up with the same problem again in a while (assuming the hardware doesn't actually change anything, that is). Thoughts? Maybe he should have them put in the new parts, and then have them do the TSB reprogramming to fix the issue so that he has new parts and won't have the problem in the future...

Beenjammin

Reaction score
I knew they should have changed the number... It appears many dealers are confusing it for the first edition and not the revised version.

What would have been so wrong with 21B11?

Im sure it will be fixed soon enough anyway.

Typr04

Reaction score
I’m guessing I just need to take it into the dealer to figure that out, right? From what I’ve read about it, that sure seems what it is.

Assuming it does require overnight service, would a rental car be included? Or does that depend on my personal insurance (I don’t have an ESP yet, as I still have another 6 months or 11k miles until my factory warranty runs out)? Maybe now is a good time for me to add the ESP, as I was thinking about including rental coverage also…
My dealer gave me a rental for free. I demanded (asked nicely but sternly) for one and they gave me one.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got on Ford pass,there is a second one?going the 4 of August.
1626925976012.png

Last edited: