New TSB dated: 15JULY2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What parameters from a tune would effect the programming for cam phaser lockup? I’m trying to understand how this update effects aftermarket tunes.
It’s not the tuning that affects it, it’s the fact that the tune is built off of the previous base calibration that does not include the updated software parameters. You would need to contact your tuner to see if they’ve updated their calibration with the changes implemented by 21B10 S2.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Here are the Release notes from the latest version of Cobb AT software, released back in April 2021. This is the baseline for all the Raptor tune maps. It doesn't have any mention of VVT changes in support of the cam phaser wear issue, so unless there is some magic cloud released into the software you're still running the original Ford baseline software, not the latest version in the TSB 21B10 S2. It is imperative that Cobb analyze the Ford TSB software and incorporate those changes into their Raptor tune maps. I will email Cobb, but it is much better if one of their registered Pro Tuners request it. @GooseTuned

Tuner Update Version 3.4.0+18372.20464:

Date: 04/07/2021

New Features:
  • Added new Compressor and Turbine side efficiency tables to the 2017-2020 Raptor:
    • "Coefficients (Compressor Efficiency Regression)"
    • "Coefficients (Inferred Shaft Speed)"
    • "Coefficient (Turbine Efficiency Exponential Term)"
    • "Coefficients (Turbine Efficiency Quadratic Term)"
  • Added a new LPFP table to the 18+ F-150 Raptor:
    • "Lowside FP Voltage (Max)"
  • Added 4 new Fuel Tables for 2013-2014 ADM Focus ST:
    • "MFV Latency"
    • "MFV Latency Compensation"
    • "MFV Pull-in Current"
    • "Fuel Delivery Volume"
    • Improvements:
  • Login stability improvement.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with the Ecoboost Mustang AT shift torque modulation table axis values.
  • Fixed an issue on the 18+ Ecoboost Mustang with the MFV Pull-in Current table.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well poop. So when I am tuned it’s the old map but when I flash back to my new saved factory tune it should be the new one? Plus my paper from the dealer only said 21b10 not S2. Should my paper mention the S2?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Ok, I messaged Cobb about the TSB and this is their reply:

Aaron Foo
Customer Support

Joe G = Hey Cobb Tuning! As of 15 July 2021, Ford released this TSB 21B10 S2 to provide some changes to the ECM/PCM to help with the camshaft phaser wear issue that causes the startup rattle for many of the Raptors. Please check it out and update your tune maps to include whatever this TSB implements. I think it affects all the 17+ Raptors. Please reply with any plans you may have or already in work. Thanks for all you do for the enthusiasts!!! Joe G

Aaron Foo joined the chat

Good morning Joe, Thank you for contacting COBB Support. We are aware of the latest TSB and are working on to see what exactly changed. Since this was a recent release, we do not have any time frame on when this would be implemented.

Joe G = Ok, it's good to hear you guys are working it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Aaron Foo

Not a problem, I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Steve DeVito

Reaction score
A new TSB for Cam Phaser was just put out to dealers. Within it, the F150 Raptor is specifically now mentioned. Here is a video, from FORD BOSS ME, showing & reading the TSB and its procedures.

This whole thing makes me wish FoMoCo had put in 5.0 Coyote motors in our Raptors, not unlike the Bullitt or the new Mach 1's. A 5.2 flat plane crank motor would have been even more fun! All wishful thinking, I know.
Talked to my dealer yesterday about this one and they have a notice from Ford NOT to install this update as it causes other issues with transmission behavior. I also pinged Cobb about reinstalling their maps after the update (will have to restore to OEM first) and they said if the re-apply of the map fails then let them know what the error is. They don't think that this update will conflict with their maps. To quote tech support :
"We will need to investigate whether or not there are control strategy and/or calibration changes in the factory ROM update relevant to the cam phaser recall. Previous ROM updates associated with revised cam phaser components/part numbers have not had any changes to cam control or operation.
At the moment, the customer can try to install the Accessport to the truck. If Ford has flashed a new stock ROM to the car, the Accessport will show something along the lines of "This is an unsupported ROM..." and then show an alpha-numeric code like "FR3A-HC". If the customer sees this message, have them send in the new ROM ID and we'll investigate if we need to update our OTS maps. If the Accessport successfully identifies the ROM and allows the user to install, then the new ROM is already supported and does not contain any new calibration/control strategy changes, and we/the Raptor owner do not need to do anything further.”

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talked to my dealer yesterday about this one and they have a notice from Ford NOT to install this update as it causes other issues with transmission behavior. I also pinged Cobb about reinstalling their maps after the update (will have to restore to OEM first) and they said if the re-apply of the map fails then let them know what the error is. They don't think that this update will conflict with their maps. To quote tech support :
"We will need to investigate whether or not there are control strategy and/or calibration changes in the factory ROM update relevant to the cam phaser recall. Previous ROM updates associated with revised cam phaser components/part numbers have not had any changes to cam control or operation.
At the moment, the customer can try to install the Accessport to the truck. If Ford has flashed a new stock ROM to the car, the Accessport will show something along the lines of "This is an unsupported ROM..." and then show an alpha-numeric code like "FR3A-HC". If the customer sees this message, have them send in the new ROM ID and we'll investigate if we need to update our OTS maps. If the Accessport successfully identifies the ROM and allows the user to install, then the new ROM is already supported and does not contain any new calibration/control strategy changes, and we/the Raptor owner do not need to do anything further.”
The dealer is incorrect. They need to reference 21B10 Supplement #2 released 7/15/21. The calibration has been updated and can now be performed.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you right.
if you look video:supplement 2 exactly what my ford mechanic told me.