New TSB dated: 15JULY2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so for those of us with tuned raptors, what would the process be? I'm assuming we would have to put the truck back to stock and unmarry(for cobb) the tuner so that we don't get locked out from putting the tune back on? thanks for the info.

OP
OP
INDO-RAPTOR

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
so for those of us with tuned raptors, what would the process be? I'm assuming we would have to put the truck back to stock and unmarry(for cobb) the tuner so that we don't get locked out from putting the tune back on? thanks for the info.
That would be my guess and makes sense. The FoMoCo recall analysis ultimately can overwrite the original FoMoCo ECU programming in favor of a new program matrix. The tech & computer would have to read the original ECU programming while the vehicle is in operation to determine the best action for your vehicle.
This recall has two phases to it. The first may be a less time consuming process and the required action may be less involved. The second phase (if required) is more involved. Having stated that, my dealership told "the guy in line in front of me" that any tune would have to be eliminated before his appointment to achieve corrected results.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled my Cobb and went in yesterday to the dealer and got the update flash and got home and reinstalled my Cobb and everything is good.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled my Cobb and went in yesterday to the dealer and got the update flash and got home and reinstalled my Cobb and everything is good.
Did you notice anything different after the flash? I don't have a tune, and plan to get it in soon to hopefully avoid having the phasers replaced at some point.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless your tune was updated with the parameters in 21B10 S2, you just wiped out the new programming. Without the updated software the warranty extension does not apply.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Unless your tune was updated with the parameters in 21B10 S2, you just wiped out the new programming. Without the updated software the warranty extension does not apply.
What parameters from a tune would effect the programming for cam phaser lockup? I’m trying to understand how this update effects aftermarket tunes.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think of it that way. Lol So basically it’s pointless to go to the dealer and to just wait for tuners to get the new updated factory tunes. My paper doesn’t say anything about S2 just the 21b10.

Last edited:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if your truck has no symptoms, and you flash your tune back to stock, have the dealer “fix” it, and then re-flash your non-stock tune, how would you know if you’ve just undone everything that the dealer just did to fix the problem? Wouldn’t the tune in effect cause the problem to show up again, if there was one?