New TSB dated: 15JULY2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
A new TSB for Cam Phaser was just put out to dealers. Within it, the F150 Raptor is specifically now mentioned. Here is a video, from FORD BOSS ME, showing & reading the TSB and its procedures.

This whole thing makes me wish FoMoCo had put in 5.0 Coyote motors in our Raptors, not unlike the Bullitt or the new Mach 1's. A 5.2 flat plane crank motor would have been even more fun! All wishful thinking, I know.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A new TSB for Cam Phaser was just put out to dealers. Within it, the F150 Raptor is specifically now mentioned. Here is a video, from FORD BOSS ME, showing & reading the TSB and its procedures.

This whole thing makes me wish FoMoCo had put in 5.0 Coyote motors in our Raptors, not unlike the Bullitt or the new Mach 1's. A 5.2 flat plane crank motor would have been even more fun! All wishful thinking, I know.
The 5.2 flat plane would have been a poor choice. It’s a high RPM engine, which is the opposite of what you want in a truck. The 5.0 would also be pretty gutless on the low end in a truck as heavy as the Raptor, especially with the 35” tires.

Ford has addressed the cam phaser noise concern with revised parts, new software, and a warranty extension. It’s not like they’re just throwing the original parts back on and saying good luck, which is not uncommon in the auto industry.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just tried to schedule an appt to get the update and my dealer told me they are not performing the update right now as the update is inducing other issues.
Then they haven’t read the latest bulletin that came out 7/15. It’s 21B10 Supplement #2, they can now perform the programming on all F-150s including Raptor and Limited.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The 5.2 flat plane would have been a poor choice. It’s a high RPM engine, which is the opposite of what you want in a truck. The 5.0 would also be pretty gutless on the low end in a truck as heavy as the Raptor, especially with the 35” tires.

Ford has addressed the cam phaser noise concern with revised parts, new software, and a warranty extension. It’s not like they’re just throwing the original parts back on and saying good luck, which is not uncommon in the auto industry.

Exactly. Sure, I’m a bit disappointed for customers who had to go through multiple repairs, I know a few users here got soured after botched repair efforts. The thing is, while it’s a bit later than I think everyone would like to see, Ford is taking care of it.
Watching that video, this effort a LOT more involved than I thought it would be. While I figured there would be a back out procedure, I wasn’t expecting the shudder check, so this means there are implications far further into the engine programming than most of us think.

Incidentally, I got a vehicle update email today which read, in relevant part:

21B10​
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAM FOR CAM PHASER RATTLE​

It sounds like the next time you bring your truck in, you are getting this reprogramming; no vote. No letter? No problem. This implies they have high confidence here, because it’s not a “by customer request or complaint” fix, it’s pretty much mandatory.

All I can think is... Poor, poor sasquatch77. what’s she going to whine about now? :p

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did I hear that right? The tech gets .6 hour to to perform the reflash if there’s no shudder and then if there’s a shudder afterwards he has to do it all over again but only gets .9 hour for the whole repair. Seems like a rip off for the tech. Just sayin…