New Truck just delivered from Michigan. Nav won't connect....Clock still says EST.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will535

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got my truck delivered to California from Michigan and the Navigation and clock/time thinks its still back east. The GPS icon has a red line thru it denoting no GPS signal....but the map continues to show the truck moving in the direction of travel, but still in Michigan. Took it to the dealer and had the sales guys give me a run down of the electronics since this was my first Ford with Sync and asked them about it. We did a system setting reset but nothing changed. We tried to attempt a Factory reset, but it wouldn't allow us to do it. Any ideas? TIA.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Pictures of said prius with a GPS problem.

Did you look in the settings and change the time zone? Also check for updates.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an appointment with the service department is your next move. If it were me, I would disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and do a hard re-start first just in case that might do it. Just curious, does your window sticker indicate that it is a Canadian build? I bought a truck once in MI that ended up originally being from Canada and the GPS module ended up needing to be replaced.