New toys....oh, and a baby

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by ineedaBubble, Feb 25, 2018.

1. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

Last week/weekend ended up being pretty damn eventful for me. Some context, cliffnotes style:

*I bowl on Thursday nights.
    *My wife was just about 9 months pregnant
    *I occasionally peruse Facebook Marketplace for Raptor parts

So Thursday, February 15th comes up and I'm at home waiting to head to the bowling alley when I decide to check Marketplace for Raptor parts. I find some guy from Cumberland,RI (about 30 minutes from me, where my wife is from) selling a BBK cold air intake AND a Borla S Type exhaust for $250. Almost sounded too good to be true, so I reached out to confirm the price. Sure enough, the guys says he was essentially asking $250 for the exhaust and throwing in the CAI.

Later that night, around 830pm, my wife calls while I'm bowling and tells me that her water broke. I get home, change and we head off to the hospital. Knowing the next 48 hours or so were going to be a whirlwind of chaos, I mention the parts to her and say that it's just too good a deal to pass up. She agrees with me, so once we get to the waiting room at the hospital, I text my buddy from my bowling team and ask if he'll meet up with the guy if I send him the cash via PayPal.

Truck parts talk on pause for the time being....

Fast forward about 7 hours and we welcomed Ford Joseph DaCunha to the world (no, we did not name him Ford just because of the Raptor...as I've said in the past, I'm not a "Ford" guy, per se....I'm actually a BMW guy, if anything). We just really loved the name!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, enough of the sentimental stuff....we get home on Sunday and my buddy was nice enough to even deliver the parts to my house:

(photos from the Marketplace listing):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some light sanding and polishing (I decided after about 2 hours that nobody was going to see the muffler, anyway, so I'd quit where I was). And yes, the tip has a small dent, but again....$250. WORTH IT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I installed the CAI on Friday. Hoping to install the exhaust tomorrow, though, I'll be doing it alone. Going to spray all the bolts and hangers with some PB Blaster tonight to give it all night to penetrate. Can't wait to hear the Borla in place of my stock exhaust with Flowmaster muffler.

Wish me luck!

Temple, 10SpdsOfFury, Zeke555 and 5 others like this.
  2. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

You are a true diehard gear head ************....lol You managed to score some parts while your wife was ready to go into labor....Post the video of the exhaust when it done while you are changing the diaper....And of course congrats on the new addition.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  3. FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero Full Access Member

when your more excited for raptor parts than your newborn son haha

ineedaBubble likes this.
  4. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

Hey now, that’s not fair! This is a Raptor forum, not a newborn baby forum. This was baby #2 for us so I was a little more mentally stable and with it this time around and wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on the deal. Multitasking like a mofo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

HAHAHA, thanks, man!! Couldn’t pass that up for the price. Even if I didn’t need or want an intake and exhaust, I would have totally flipped them and made a profit.

I will definitely take before and after videos. Maybe I’ll setup the GoPro and take my first time lapse video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR and smurfslayer like this.
  5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

How cool is that?!

You got Raptor, SVT or F/P stickers for the car seat yet?

Legit skills securing the deal under adverse conditions :)
    Congrats.

ineedaBubble likes this.
  6. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

THIS is the kind of recognition I was looking for. Much appreciated, man!! haha

Thanks!!

SZDZMTR likes this.
  7. brc misfit

brc misfit FRF Addict

Congrats. Gotta love that new human smell.

ineedaBubble likes this.
  8. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

You totally need to have an SVT / Ford Performance logo sippie cup and tyke sized logo hoodie on order.

chop - chop.

ineedaBubble likes this.
  9. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

Ended up having to have a local "exhaust shop" do the install, as cutting and welding were required and the welding part is above my paygrade. They couldn't get the tips perfectly level (the dude said he tried everything but that's just how they wanted to sit), which is slightly annoying, but here is the finished product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still haven't mastered embedding videos from YouTube, so if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm all ears!

Also, my phone decided not to immediately record when I pressed the record button and instead delayed the process a few seconds, so I didn't get the entire start up. But you get the idea:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2KNXMWLYg

Definitely less drone in the cab now. The Flowmaster sounded great at WOT but for everyday normal driving, it had its obnoxious moments. The Borla S Type is better for normal driving but when you get on it, it sounds GREAT!

Very happy with my decision...for now!

SZDZMTR likes this.
  10. Gatica

Gatica Full Access Member

Sounds good to me.... I can see how the uneven tips will drive you up a wall. possibly received them bent?

ineedaBubble likes this.