New Toyo R/T Tire Coming September

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's about the same going down the road or hitting high water. I just know that turning right from a red light or stop sign in wet weather that if I wanted to, adding just a touch more throttle it was very, very easy to break my Toyo MTs loose. My Nitto Trail Grapplers had much better wet weather traction. This was all on my old truck, 2008 Nissan Titan PRO-4X.

sounds just like the oem BFG's. it spins even when im not trying to when its wet.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how are you liking them so far???

Super quiet, even at 80mph with the stereo off. They ride pretty smooth although I think I gonna lower my predetermined TPMS pressure soon. 35-38psi would ride better I think. The stiffer sidewall with 44psi seems like a bit much. I lowered them down to 41 psi and they immediately felt better. I took them out in some dirt/gravel in a relatively flat area running the locker in 2wd and they have more bite then the BFG's IMO. It's also nice not throwing rocks every where as soon as you get back on pavement. And the balancing was great too (toyo/nitto typically are though). They only took 1.5, 1.75, 2.5 and 4oz as far as weights go. The only downside is they do seem narrow for a 12.50. I don't mind cause it leaves them flush with the fenders with 17x8.5 +6's but I'm sure some people won't like the width.

Attachments

• rt side.jpg
    rt side.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 161

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any issues with a 35X12.50X17 going on a stock 2011 wheel. Tire shop I just talked to figured the stock wheel would be a little too skinny and the tire would kind of balloon out and you would get bad tread wear. I still have the stock 315X70R17 BFG's but am interested in these new R/T's in a true 35.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any issues with a 35X12.50X17 going on a stock 2011 wheel. Tire shop I just talked to figured the stock wheel would be a little too skinny and the tire would kind of balloon out and you would get bad tread wear. I still have the stock 315X70R17 BFG's but am interested in these new R/G's in a true 35.

Stock wheel is 17x8.5. My wheel is 17x8.5. You'll be fine

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting some Toyo RTs, but I would really like to step up to a 37. The reason for posting this is because theres a review on a set of 37.1250.20s on a screw raptor with stock fenders. Seeing if anyone has had experience with a 37" Toyo RT. I would go with the 17 inch wheel since they do offer that option now.

My truck just has mid perch done. So I'm thinking the typical hammered welds and what not...

Tire Review: Toyo Open Country R/T - race-deZert.com

Last edited:

depgary25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had these on my truck now since the beginning of April. I've put about 2500 miles on the truck since then and I'm loving them. I too am at mid perch with the pinch welds hammered and have had zero problems on stock wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had these on my truck now since the beginning of April. I've put about 2500 miles on the truck since then and I'm loving them. I too am at mid perch with the pinch welds hammered and have had zero problems on stock wheels.
And those are the 37" tires? Looking at a pair for myself really soon, and want to know if the 37s are worth it over the 35s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk