NEW Toyo MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrote this little blurb regarding the issues you are addressing regarding load rating.

It is actually the least understood issue going to almost any plus size in 4x4 tires. We are familiar with how exacting most Raptor owners are... measuring 1/4" difference in fender well gap front to rear, but going from a 6 ply to a 12 ply tire is no problem?????
How do you suppose a Jeep Wrangler rides on 12 ply 35"s?

https://www.customwheels4u.com/news/26/fyi-rough-ride-for-everyone/

what is the problem going from 6 - 12 ply? I went from 10 -12 ply but Im still curious.

CW4Umark

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what is the problem going from 6 - 12 ply? I went from 10 -12 ply but Im still curious.

As our article explains, probably good for more off-road endurance, but doubling the load rating of your tire could potentially effect some of the more sensitive drivers quality of ride. 10 ply to 12 ply no big deal.... 6 ply to 12 ply, potentially ride quality could suffer.

As the article explains, there are no current options other than Jeep owners can now buy the 6 ply factory Raptor tire.... If they can find them.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As our article explains, probably good for more off-road endurance, but doubling the load rating of your tire could potentially effect some of the more sensitive drivers quality of ride. 10 ply to 12 ply no big deal.... 6 ply to 12 ply, potentially ride quality could suffer.

As the article explains, there are no current options other than Jeep owners can now buy the 6 ply factory Raptor tire.... If they can find them.

oh yea I thought you were gonna point out a safety issue or something.
ive had Toyo MTs for ever in all kinds of sizes on many different trucks the ride quality don't bother me.
this post was more for fitment. since the 13.5 is brand new, I have wanted them a long time I figured I would share my real life experience with them.

there is a definite difference from stock tires to these its noticeable for sure

Last edited:

CW4Umark

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive had Toyo MTs for ever in all kinds of sizes on many different trucks the ride quality don't bother me.
this post was more for fitment. since the 13.5 is brand new, I have wanted them a long time I figured I would share my real life experience with them.

there is a definite difference from stock tires to these its noticeable for sure

Oh no safety issues. As stated, probably much more stout for true off-roading. Will be following your thread as 13.50 make much more sense inside to outside. It will take a 9.5 or 10" wide at a somewhat positive offset.

More to come......

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any updates? Any pictures?

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Any pictures?

truck is not done yet. some lil parts were missed and anything raptor takes forever to get I guess? (side note everyone upgrade or reinforce your steering knuckle) I did talk to shop yesterday and he has the wheels on good side of truck and they hit so no way will 13.5s work for me. the tire shop is coming today to swap back to 12.5s im bummed but I kinda knew it wasn't gonna fit. I just have to try myself and in trying I had a glimmer of hope ha that's over 12.5s for me.

you will have to lift the truck or get some insanely far off set wheels or spacers for the 13.5s to work.
I personally don't want either but that's just me. I might try a 37x12.5 next just to see for myself also.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck is not done yet. some lil parts were missed and anything raptor takes forever to get I guess? (side note everyone upgrade or reinforce your steering knuckle) I did talk to shop yesterday and he has the wheels on good side of truck and they hit so no way will 13.5s work for me. the tire shop is coming today to swap back to 12.5s im bummed but I kinda knew it wasn't gonna fit. I just have to try myself and in trying I had a glimmer of hope ha that's over 12.5s for me.

you will have to lift the truck or get some insanely far off set wheels or spacers for the 13.5s to work.
I personally don't want either but that's just me. I might try a 37x12.5 next just to see for myself also.
Dan that sucks. I need to pull my wheels off and check their offset.