New to US and Auto Insurance costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wow, sounds funny to me. I’m a cargo driver, and it wasn’t even easy for me to get an appropriate trucking insurance, so I’d never get insurance for… a bicycle? I’m sorry but it sounds crazy to me. Maybe I have anxiety but I’ve searched and checked all the possible sites about insurance before getting one. I stopped onhttps://www.truckinginsurance.org/coverage/dump-truck-insurance/ because there I’ve found all the nessecary info with prices and agencies list (if smb is interested). So I’m totally not a type of person who’ll get a bicycle insurance

Last edited:

LasyGroover

Reaction score
I think it’s not the only thing that will surprise you in US. However, this situation is easy to explain. The newer car is, the more expensive its details and maintenance; if you get into an accident, the insurance company can cover repair and fix. However, don’t use the cheapest and oldest car you can find, because its safety system is not very reliable, so it’s more dangerous for the driver. I suggest you buy at least 2015 – 2016 models; they’re just fine and medium price. You can compare the car insurance at car insurance quotes online to predict the total price.

Last edited:

Siegwelex

Reaction score
I agree that car insurance rates for newer cars are ridiculous. I recently bought a new car, and my insurance rates went up by over $500 a year. I have a clean driving record and no accidents, so I don't understand why my rates are going up so much.
https://beinsure.com/us-auto-insurance-rates-states/
I've called my insurance company to ask about the increase, but they just give me vague answers about how it's due to increased costs and risks. I'm not sure if that's true, or if they're just trying to BS me.

Last edited:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Age has a LOT to do with it, regardless of credit or former accident claims.

Use one of the online insurance comparison websites. Just g00gIe it.

I'm over 60 and pay less than $100/month for 3 vehicles, FULLY insured and replacement cost on the Raptor.

Again, age. Plus I've never had an accident, claim, speeding ticket, parking ticket, etc.

CREDIT also has a LOT to do with it.

Don't ask about which carrier I'm with, doesn't matter. You have to play the game. I'm with one for a year at a great rate, then next year they try to increase my rate by 50-100%. I do a new comparison search and then switch off to another carrier. Had to do that for the past 7 or 8 years.

Surprisingly......just got my renewal notice and they said they are renewing me at the same rate I paid last year. WHAT?!?!?!

We'll see how that pans out. If they are true to their word, I'll stick with them. If they increase, buh-bye!

I've given them all heck about these rates. I ask WHY do my rates keep going up when I've had ZERO accidents/claims, etc. ????!?!!

Answer: You're paying for insurance for all of the drivers out there who don't have any! What a crock of B.S. ! If they would start fining or jailing these people, the rest of us could enjoy lower rates! Well.....perhaps I am speaking too soon. With the massive influx of illegal aliens invading this country, probably 4 or 5 in 10 "drivers" are now uninsured. Which will only make rates go up even more. :mad:

Another thing almost all insurance companies are now doing is the DRIVING HABIT MONITORING APP. Either a plug-in to your OBD port, or most often now an app on your smart phone. They require it for a discount on the quoted rate, or you can pay slightly higher. Regardless, I have tested the apps out and they are overly sensitive. A long gentle gradual braking still shows as an abrupt braking. If a dog runs out in front of you and you just tap the brakes.....ABRUPT BRAKE ALERT.

They use this to increase your rate next period. I have read behind the scenes insider talk about these apps and even the insurance company people say that they are much too sensitive and inaccurate, but......they keep using them.

Having homeowner's insurance and auto with the same company can reduce your rates.

Disclaimer: I'm not in the insurance business, nor do I play a guy with an ostrich in any tv commercials.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dude , the reason insurance is so high is because we have to pay for all the illegal immigrants driving drunk and getting in accidents without insurance. as well as stupid battery electric cars that are totaled with minor damage. Also all the EV fires and burning down entire parking garages. Past that the new cars are so complex now that small accidents are many thousands to repair due supply chain shortage and inflation, essentially Current admins fault and purposely causing. They want you owning nothing and being happy. All while transferring all your wealth to people who dont deserve it. Its by design. 200.gif