New-to-me 2019: big bounces on concrete highway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Switching to Eibach springs up front made her happy because now the truck feels like our other F150 with a slightly tighter feel but now I hate that it feels like any other truck and has lost that "Trophy Truck" feel.

Did you have the ride height reset done?

Docked Wages

Reaction score
Yes a proper demo was needed LOL. What year is your truck? I have Eibachs on mine and it feels like a Raptor when driving it. The springs sured a couple of areas up, like nose dives and some added lateral handling a little. But same cushy ride.

It's a 2017.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a 2017.

I was thinking like @GordoJay as you probably need the live valves shock reset height wise. But ‘17s do not have them. Still can’t imagine why your ride is rough.

What’s the air pressure in your tires BTW?

36F/34R is a nice sweet spot. If your on 17” wheels anyway.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think some of it is the wheelbase.

I had a 18 and now have a 19 and both acted the same way on this ****** part of pavement yet by Merc and the wife's Lincoln dont behave the same way on the same patch of road.

If you hit the peaks and valleys in the road at different times is would do that.

CA freeways suck.

Docked Wages

Reaction score
I was thinking like @GordoJay as you probably need the live valves shock reset height wise. But ‘17s do not have them. Still can’t imagine why your ride is rough.

What’s the air pressure in your tires BTW?

36F/34R is a nice sweet spot. If your on 17” wheels anyway.

It's not rough just more firm than stock. Feels more like our other F150 with the Eibachs. Wifey is happy so that's all I care about.

sfemti33

Reaction score
OP, your situation is normal. I have the exact same thing, and asked the exact same question when I bought the truck. I noticed it on the freeway here in SLC. Last year I drove across country and found the exact problem on the freeway in Tulsa. It's the only other place I noticed the issue. I don't know if the cities used the same contractor, poured the cement at the same length, or what, but it is definitely a road issue and not a Raptor issue. My son purchased a TRD Pro brand new last year and has a similar problem, so I know it's the road.

The issue can be helped a little by running lower tire pressures...but it doesn't go away.

Some have said replacing the rear springs with Deavers/Icons and torque arms fixes the problem. I haven't yet done that so can't confirm one way or the other.

I can confirm that rebuilding the shocks does not fix the problem. Tried that.

I can also confirm that going from load range E KO2's back to load range D KO2's does not fix the problem.

Some trucks seem to experience the issue more than others. I have no idea why that would be. But don't feel like there's something wrong with your truck. It's fine. It's annoying, but don't spend a lot of money hunting for a problem.

The upside is you get used to it. And the truck is so much fun everywhere else, it's worth it to put up with your voice going crazy when you're singing in the truck.
Reviving an old thread, and just want to say this is my experience here in SLC too and it was concerning at first. The ride sucks on I-15 in Salt Lake County, but go north or south and it gets significantly better. I have new tire, new OEM springs, and new shocks. Didn't fix it. Good to know I'm not crazy....

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
The ride sucks on I-64 in Virginia and on the CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel) in ANY vehicle. It's a bounce the whole long way.