New to me 2017 - Sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Its clean and looks like a ******. Likely a stock tune. My father in laws 2020 feels sluggish to me and I have a tune. Might be normal, just gotta get used to it and put some good fuel in it.

OP
OP
Blackwire1217

Blackwire1217

Reaction score
Do you happen to know what fuel the previous owner used? 87 octane will result in a substantial power decrease. I would clear the PCM memory (KAM) with IDS or ForScan, fill it with 93, and re-evaluate.
Thanks, @FordTechOne, that fixed the issue.

I went ahead and dug into it and replaced the spark plugs with the M-12405-35T and found that it has the cracked driver VC issue. Working with the selling dealer to get one ASAP. I appreciate everyone's help!

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear everything with forscan or at a min leave negative battery terminal unplugged for like 20 min, change all the fluids, new plugs properly gapped, I’d recommend cooler plugs if you’re planning on doing a tune in the future. If your still not happy like I was, start off with a pedal commander if you don’t want to do a tune just yet, I might have one for sale, but seriously biggest improvement is a tune and intercooler.