New to me 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Don't use the rear defroster and check for recalls. I believe it's called the 'lead frame' where the transmission will downshift out of nowhere.

Statetraveler

Reaction score
I would listen to the motor and if there's a ticking going on. Tick tick tick with idle I'd replace the canister purge valve. You'll know it if your not getting 15+ on the highway.

OP
OP
Usafmike76

Usafmike76

Reaction score
I would listen to the motor and if there's a ticking going on. Tick tick tick with idle I'd replace the canister purge valve. You'll know it if your not getting 15+ on the highway.
Actually i noticed a ticking when i remote started & walked up. Went away when i was home & checked. Cant hear it inside.

Haven’t really been on highway yet. Thanks for the info. Is it a difficult replacement?

Matt Delro

Reaction score
I have ticking at idle.... and I get 14.3mpg highway. Is this something a FORD dealer can easily change?

Statetraveler

Reaction score
Ya the Ford dealer would change it for you but they would argue that it's fine as nd then sabotage something else while it's in. Like they'll put a pin hole in your lower radiator hose thst only presents itself when it's cold that way you keep bringing it in!

The canister purge valve is on the left side, drivers side of the intake manifold. You can buy a good one at o'Reilly that has a lifetime warranty! If you don't replace it, eventually it causes a vacuum in the gas tank collapsing it, the truck will flood the motor with too much gas"which is why your mpg is going down. And eventually the truck begins to stall out during driving and through random codes that the dealer mechanics love to get in so they can start dinging your wallet. BTW this is a technical service bulletin advisory to replace and it's easy to do! Google it!

Oh, and 5 dealer mechanics missed it! And its TSB!!!!!!!