New (to me) 2011 Scab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ivan Collado

Reaction score
Thanks for the add as a Raptor newcomer.
The unit has 40k miles and is still in the dealer in a general checkout.
Seller just called asking for a few more days for a 4WD "activation motor" to come.
Is that a common failure?
What other issue I have to check for?
Thanks

Capture+_2019-11-29-17-37-01.png

Last edited:

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the fuse 27 relocation has been done. Also, you're probably due for a shock rebuild in the next 10k miles, if not already. That's about all I can think of at that mileage, congrats!!

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the official number from Ford/Fox is 25-40k depending on the driving conditions, but I think most doing street driving make it 40-50k. Ways you can tell they are due for a rebuild are excessive bounce at slow speeds, front to back seesawing at highway speeds, low speed clunk/noise going over bumps.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was 4WD not engaging or something? Is the seller a private party or a dealership? The transfer case motors can sometimes go bad (speaking for ALL F150s, it's not a raptor specific issue btw). While confirming 4WD status, doublecheck IWEs (holes in vacuum lines are a likely culprit), etc - can read up more about that if you are new to F150 / raptor platform.

There's only a few "gotchas" that are specific to the truck (fuse 27 among them), can search/look up past threads, browse maintenance section, etc for more details while you are waiting for the truck to finish being looked over/serviced.

Here's an official chart from Fox btw RE their recommended service intervals:FoxService.jpg

OP
OP
I

Ivan Collado

Reaction score
4wd seems to appply and 4low was "feeled" in the short test drice we did. But a message was in the display board regarding 4wd status.
Fuse 27 will be the first thing to check as soon as I get her.
Lots of reading and learning these days...
Thanks for the tips!

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!

My brother has a 2011 and I had one up until a few weeks ago. If that's the motor I think it is, it failed on both of our trucks about a year ago (his with 130k and mine with 55k miles, so we figure it's age, not use). The Dornan replacement part is $100 and it's a 20 minute install. Bolts to back of transfer case.