New tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your incite full thoughts. I think after all of my deliberations I will stick with the BFGs, I will try to do a better job with alignments and hopefully I will be lucky with better tread wear. Probably all my fault I tow a fair amount back and forth to my mountain house which is 160 miles from my primary residence. Price wise I found some pretty competitive pricing on the BFGs. Thank you all!

Look into SPC heavy duty cam kit if you’re having alignment issues. I can only speak for Gen1, but it made a world of difference for me. Not sure if it works for Gen2.

https://www.spcalignment.com/compon...=F-150&year=2004 - 2014&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

OP
OP
Armando D

Armando D

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great advice thank you, that will help tremendously.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Look into SPC heavy duty cam kit if you’re having alignment issues. I can only speak for Gen1, but it made a world of difference for me. Not sure if it works for Gen2.

https://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=86252&region=USA&make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2004 - 2014&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

Yup. That's what I was guided to after I attempted to level my '17 F-150 with a 2.25 puck. I chose poorly where the shop said they had done this several times. I should have stepped up and done springs, not just pucks as it rendered the shocks ineffective because I had added height beyond the stock shocks. Next, they replaced them with similar bolts and I quickly had out of alignment issues again. Then, I made the mistake of taking it to an un-named, national off-road solutions dealer. I still had alignment issues. I don't remember which brand of bolt they went with. And, this was a standard F-150, not a Raptor. Your mileage may vary. What I learned was, go with a shop who shares lots of experience with F-150s and, more specifically, the Raptor.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. That's what I was guided to after I attempted to level my '17 F-150 with a 2.25 puck. I chose poorly where the shop said they had done this several times. I should have stepped up and done springs, not just pucks as it rendered the shocks ineffective because I had added height beyond the stock shocks. Next, they replaced them with similar bolts and I quickly had out of alignment issues again. Then, I made the mistake of taking it to an un-named, national off-road solutions dealer. I still had alignment issues. I don't remember which brand of bolt they went with. And, this was a standard F-150, not a Raptor. Your mileage may vary. What I learned was, go with a shop who shares lots of experience with F-150s and, more specifically, the Raptor.

It’s amazing how much most alignment shops - and myself - miss!

I got my Raptor used and it was constantly pulling right. Five alignments later I was about to lose my mind.

I took it in to see if the frame was bent and they were like dude you have a heavy cam kit on the left but not the right. I felt like an idiot, but then again I got this thing to learn about wrenching.

Needless to say, after putting the right kit on it runs true as an arrow. Good thing was I only had to buy one kit at least!

I am amazed that of the five different shops that I took it to didn’t even notice, or maybe even look which says even more.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original BFG's still have 5,000+ miles left on them @36,***.....i see no reason to change.

Plan is to make it through summer on these and put new BFG's on before winter.

(note, this is with a 5 tire rotation strategy)

Hi
.. did you also rotate the spare tire also ???

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I live on Long Island and have a house in the Catskills so my miles are mostly highway and the wear pattern on the BFGs have been terrible, and they are rated for 50k mikes...I will most likely go with the NITTOs next

Hi I live in queens NY. I also have a house in the catskills (prattsville) still to soon to rate.my BFG.. I only have 5000 miles on the truck

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have the Originals???
Mine are originals with about 9/32” tread left.
Rotated every 10k, never rotated spare in. Did replace one tire at ~10k after running over a knife blade.
Mix of highway/ city driving, unpaved roads, fields, and trailering.

alangsam1

Reaction score
i bought a used 2020 screw and have about 11000 miles on original
KO2's. i drove mostly on pavement during the week and find these tires a bit stiff. of the tires mentioned kn this thread which ones drive the beat on pavement?