New tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just replaced my original tires (and wheels, because, why not?) on my 2018 with about 30k. I opted for my second set of Falken Wildpeaks. I had them on my F-150 prior and really liked them.

tires.jpg

JJDRaptor

Reaction score
I have KO2's on my 2018 and when I change my tires I am going with Cooper AT3 XLT's. They look good and have a better rating than the KO's. Plus side they are American made on owned by an American company.

I also went with COOPER DISCOVERER XLT’S. I like their looks, they are quieter than KO2s,
Definitely a handling improvement and mileage is same as stock tires. I think they weigh the same or are a pound apart. Would recommend for sure. I want to see a raptor with these and the white lettering on the outside. I didn’t have the guts to do that on mine. This truck is my daily for reference and I live in the PNW and have had them in the snow and they were outstanding. Felt better than my KO2s in the rain. Also the XLTs have like a 50 or 60k mileage warranty.
price was decent too. Same or slightly less than KO2s.

14AE3486-E418-4D6B-B1E9-D262F7E0F139.jpeg

49F5CE5B-817E-4E15-8A9B-A6E245AFF5F6.jpeg

Last edited:

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys I live in NY I have a 2018 Gen 2 Raptor. I chewed through the original Bridgestone’s that can with the truck at 33k Miles. Any suggestions on new tires? Considering Nitto or General Grabbers, would love to hear suggestions.

If your truck has Bridgestone’s, they’re not original.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have KO2's on my 2018 and when I change my tires I am going with Cooper AT3 XLT's. They look good and have a better rating than the KO's. Plus side they are American made on owned by an American company.

I prefer the BFG’s: severe snow service-rated, C-rated- for off roading, and also American company.
32,000 on mine still going strong!

Reaction score
Bought my 17’ last year with some Toyo ATs and I have to say, I’m thoroughly impressed. I’ve been in the industry a while and have seen almost every tire combo. A LOT of complaints with the Toyo ATs but on this truck, they’ve been phenomenal.

I love me some BFGs, especially for the snowflake but having such great experience, on this truck, with ATs, I’m not sure what I’M gonna do when it comes time for my new rubbers lol.

Not sure if this helps you but know that on the gen 2, Toyo ATs are quiet and have great traction in wet and snow. Mud and debris clean out good too.

35” on 17s E load rating

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some used KO2s from @Nood1es that had 8K on them. I’ve driven 15k miles on IL roads that are shit and I still have half the life left I’d say.

I’d go with KO2s again myself. My 2¢.

OP
OP
Armando D

Armando D

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your incite full thoughts. I think after all of my deliberations I will stick with the BFGs, I will try to do a better job with alignments and hopefully I will be lucky with better tread wear. Probably all my fault I tow a fair amount back and forth to my mountain house which is 160 miles from my primary residence. Price wise I found some pretty competitive pricing on the BFGs. Thank you all!