Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

NEW Tires Pics + Review: Kanati Mud Hog

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by BIRDMAN, Sep 4, 2014.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. Boricuaevo8

Boricuaevo8 Full Access Member

Thanks for the update, I am ready to get a set now but wanted to wait for the SEMA show this year to see whats out there and to take advantage on Friday 7th of Nov, the last day to see if the peeps offer some discounts. This happens often when they know they have to pack everything up but dont want to take everything.:happy107:

2. AlpineM3

AlpineM3 Full Access Member

Any updates Bird? How do they handle Offroad? Had you considered on going with 37"s and why didn't you? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger, but the dreadful decision of 35"s or 37 inch tires is killing me.

3. Macman

Macman FRF Addict

Will be curious to hear how these do in the snow!

4. Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13 Full Access Member

[​IMG]

I have them on my SxS does that count? :)

I now have the matching spare for those who are really paying attention! These are actually Kanati Mongels 30" DOT rated.

Boricuaevo8 likes this.
  5. Dan06

Dan06 FRF Addict

They make 37"s?

6. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

Fellas, all good reports from Havoc in the Hills. Anyone who was at the event knows that the terrain at Rausch Creek is absolutely brutal on tires.

I can only compare to my Duratracs which were chunked badly after last year, and I can say the Kanatis held up much better. Some very minor chunking but nothing that won't wear away with time.

Packed dirt traction was excellent, mud traction was excellent, and the highway trip to and from was comfortable.

kanati1.jpg

7. AlpineM3

AlpineM3 Full Access Member

More pics bird! I'm in the process of having a few different tires quoted out for next months ocotillo wells trip recently posted by SVTDon and seriously considering these aside from the Goodyear MT/R's......I've read that the Duratracs run a bit small, was that accurate and why did you decide to go with 35"vs 37" on the Kanati's? Thanks in advance!

BTW, how low did you air these bad boys down to? Any sidewall bulging/flexing going on with all that sidewall armor?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. RLTW

RLTW FRF Addict

I can attest that they worked fantastically, hell of a ride, the new rear Icons didn't hurt either lol.

9. flamehead16

flamehead16 Member

i have been running these tires for 2 years now. i got hem in 2012 of discount tire for 700 bucks for 285/70/17. i had them on my 2004 f150 and then swaped them over to my 2013. i dont go offroad often but i havent gotten stuck in the OK clay, mud, ice, or snow yet.

Attached Files:

10. FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain FRF Addict

decided to resurrect and piggyback on this rather than starting a new thread. was searching for ats and came across the kanati trail hog. only one thread here i could find even mentioned them. they look alot like duratracs. found a few good reviews on the interwebs. read that they are made in china so that might be a deal breaker for some. 35/12.5/17's weigh in at 66 lbs in E load. they even have a 37. ive been close to ordering duratracs but the pricetag, ouch. found these for $872 shipped. thats over 3 bills less than the cheapest duratracs i could find. would love some opinion if anyone has run them. id rather not be the guinea pig but they are a nice looking tire.

Trail Hog - Kanati Tires