New Tires and Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grizz23

Reaction score
Im looking to get a new set of tires and rims. im not sure which tire and size is best or if ill have to get some kind of lift with it. i know stock tire size is recommended by ford but i was looking to get an 18 or maybe 19 inch rim. i apologize for the generality of the question but I'm not exactly sure what to look at. i do most driving on road but i do go on the beaches and on trails.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The primary focus of functionality of the Raptor is it's off-road capability.
It has longer control arms that allows greater suspension travel.

The tire of most any car is an integral component of its suspension.
The greater the amount of rubber between the rim of the wheel and the road, the greater its component of the suspension.

The 17" wheel is the smallest wheel that will accommodate the disc brake on the Raptor.
And without some suspension work, like a lift, or some wheel well modification, the 35" diameter tire is the largest tire that will work properly on a Raptor.

Remember that a lift compromises your Raptors suspension optimization for off-road speed. So, most would not recommend that route.

My suggestion: Stay with 17" wheels with at least 0 offset and 35" diameter tires.
I went with 17" Method Standard 0 offset wheels and Nitto Trail Grappler tires.

DSC00652_zps06a5d837.jpg

Last edited: