New throttle body brand available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Soler 85mm TB?
How about Gigs bored 86mm?
Soler also makes a controller

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can research on this forum, there is no benefit with increasing the TB from the stock TB.
The stock TB is more than enough in size for the stock engine design.
Now if you add the slightly larger Livernois cams and heads and headers plus the Livernois Tune (needed for the cams!!!),
then a larger TB might work.
But the cost for all that is not worth the little HP gain you will achieve!!! (maybe 40 RWHP)
Plus, I don't think anyone has ever got the truck to run right with the 80, 85, or 86mm TB

Just get a Whipple, upgraded oil pump gears and no headers, 200+ RWHP

Last edited:
OP
OP
myersroofer614

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can research on this forum, there is no benefit with increasing the TB from the stock TB.
Now if you add the slightly larger Livernois cams and heads and headers plus the Livernois Tune (needed for the cams!!!),
But the cost for all that is not worth the little HP gain you will achieve!!! (maybe 40 RWHP)
Plus, I don't think anyone has ever got the truck to run right with the 80, 85, or 86mm TB

Just get a Whipple, upgraded oil pump gears and no headers, 200+ RWHP

OP
OP
myersroofer614

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF, if I got a SC I would probably go with the. i Charger from pro charger.. variable boost.. traction is not real good with the little bit I got some and SC wear the motor faster.
I planned on get a fuel pump voltage booster and injectors to match the added air and have 5 Star update my tune. If the heads and intake flow as well as everyone says it should really wake it up.

What about the throttle controller they offer? I planned on getting that this week. Only reason I'm not getting both of them rn is a friend dad about to be homeless with a 2 yr old. For once the ex is an unprovoked ******, normally the girl did something and cries lol

OP
OP
myersroofer614

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just get a Whipple, upgraded oil pump gears and no headers, 200+ RWhp

OP
OP
myersroofer614

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also lol at their process. It's design is different than BBK and the Gig port job. It definitely will be an improvement from all 3 options. I don't know how much, the LS guys are getting huge gains

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTF, if I got a SC I would probably go with the. i Charger from pro charger.. variable boost.. traction is not real good with the little bit I got some and SC wear the motor faster.
I planned on get a fuel pump voltage booster and injectors to match the added air and have 5 Star update my tune. If the heads and intake flow as well as everyone says it should really wake it up.

What about the throttle controller they offer? I planned on getting that this week. Only reason I'm not getting both of them rn is a friend dad about to be homeless with a 2 yr old. For once the ex is an unprovoked ******, normally the girl did something and cries lol
ProCharger is not Raptor friendly, too much lag for daily driving.
Lots of Raptor 6.2L engine failures with the Procharger as well, too many lean conditions.
There is lots of info on this forum about the Procharger and the Raptor.

Also Boost a Pump is not needed even at my power level with my setup.

Pedal Commander or any other pedal device is not needed when you get a tune.
But there are some that do add one anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
myersroofer614

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ProCharger is not Raptor friendly, too much lag for daily driving.
Lots of Raptor 6.2L engine failures with the Procharger as well, too many lean conditions.
There is lots of info on this forum about the Procharger and the Raptor.

Also Boost a Pump is not needed even at my power level with my setup.

Pedal Commander or any other pedal device is not needed when you get a tune.
But there are some that do add one anyway.
I'm looking at bigger efi and fuel pump booster. More air more fuel more power?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at bigger efi and fuel pump booster. More air more fuel more power?
That's the thing, naturally aspirated, stock engine can only pump so much.
The stock injectors will pump more fuel (with just a tune) and not even come close to maxing out the fuel pump.
Have you talked to any Tuning Vendors on this forum?