New Sync update avail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe I’m at the current but what versions are your software at? Sync 3 19052 is the latest I’m aware of.

I tried the USB download page for the heck of it before. I believe it said there was nothing available or not valid for your vehicle. I just like to know the in’s and out’s of how this functions.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I updated my 2018 802A at the weekend using USB stick. I updated it the way I did last time, just downloaded the update copied it to USB then put it in the truck and go for a drive around the block. 3 minutes after setting off info bar at top of screen displayed stating updating system (all while still playing normally, I stream UK radio via my phone). After about 10 minutes info bar changed to say update complete and I can remove the USB. After getting back turn ignition off and open driver door then close again. On next restart the system is updated, but I never saw any further updates on screen.

I was hoping that the update would resolve the somewhat flaky Bluetooth connection to my Samsung S10, but it seems to be just the same. I used to have an S7 and it was rock solid, since upgrading to S10 it drops Bluetooth connection momentarily once a week or so. It is frustrating more than anything as it switches to FM radio. Sometimes it will do it 2-3 times in quick succession before sticking with Bluetooth again.

Haven't really noticed any other differences with the system, maybe its a little faster, but I rarely use the screen itself for anything. I will check it out over the coming days to see if I can find anything new.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downloaded to a USB last night and installed.
Once you get past the horror of the Ford webpages the update is easy.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did u guys just drag it to the usb ,im having trouble with shutt
expander not working

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
expander not working
Yes..Same question from me.
When you download the update files they are zipped and will not expand for me no matter how i try.
So....Do you just drag the zipped files over to the USB drive without unzipping?
Then take the USB drive out to the truck?
Or what?

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
expander not working
Yes..Same question from me.
When you download the update files they are zipped and will not expand for me no matter how i try.
So....Do you just drag the zipped files over to the USB drive without unzipping?
Then take the USB drive out to the truck?
Or what?

Unzip and add to USB according to the website.

https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb