New Sync update avail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owner.ford had an avail update, I’m now on 19025...didn’t really notice much of a change, maybe a little more snappy. I have a 17’

joey185

Reaction score
I’m going to have to look us up, don’t they usually tell you what the updates will do for you?

joey185

Reaction score
I looked it up, all I can tell is that it looks like they added Alexa

OP
OP
Solidred

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford.owner website is one of the worst I've ever seen for navigating or even signing on. Too frustrating!

I agree that website needs a lot of work...it was frustrating having to reload the page a bunch. WiFi updates usually come but take awhile...this 19025 update seems to just fix a couple bugs, nothing too much to add, Alexa was on the last update. System seems to respond faster

SriRamJaiRam

Reaction score
Does one have to take your Raptor to a ford dealership in order to update software or can it be done over home WiFi?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To my knowledge Sync 3 will pull updates over WiFi, when your truck is able to connect to a network. Not sure yet but I think downloaded apps for Sync are required to update via your connected phone. At least that’s what the system told me. How does CarPlay and Android auto update? Not sure yet. I was told by the salesman updates for the vehicle computer modules itself won’t update over air. But I’m not sure he really knew. I read Ford should be able to do this, but dealerships feel it won’t bring customers in for service then. Hey let’s get current here. Let technology help people and save time. Real hardware based service is one thing, but let the software fly over air.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge Sync 3 will pull updates over WiFi, when your truck is able to connect to a network. Not sure yet but I think downloaded apps for Sync are required to update via your connected phone. At least that’s what the system told me. How does CarPlay and Android auto update? Not sure yet. I was told by the salesman updates for the vehicle computer modules itself won’t update over air. But I’m not sure he really knew. I read Ford should be able to do this, but dealerships feel it won’t bring customers in for service then. Hey let’s get current here. Let technology help people and save time. Real hardware based service is one thing, but let the software fly over air.
Sync 3 updates either over WiFi or you can download the update on a thumb drive and upload it manually. Android Auto and car play are based off your phone, it essentially just mirrors the apps. Ecu/ecm refreshes and upgrades are updated at the dealership. Hope this helps.