GEN 2 New suspension from ADS (in progress)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what the final plan for this will be. I am expecting to hear more from them in the next few days/week I believe they will both be external, but beyond that I don’t want to misrepresent any details. If I had to speculate, I am guessing a 4 tube, adjustable shock with external bypass, as that is what the rendering seemed to match most closely from their website...but again, right now I don’t hace the full details, so I don’t want to misrepresent anything.

Here is a photo from their site that most closely matches the preliminary rendering I saw, from the best of my memory.

View attachment 121102

Btw were you previously a member of Tacoma World?
I am. You Cosmo on TW? You sell your Tacoma Pro for the Rapturd?

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
You plan on running a standard coil bucket coilover with secondary bypass? A single coilover doesnt have external bypasses in the front IIRC.

Yes, I believe that is the current plan. I didn’t see the CAD rendering of the front, but it sounded like that was the direction they were going

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
I am. You Cosmo on TW? You sell your Tacoma Pro for the Rapturd?

Yeah man! That is me! I thought that might have been you. I go a great deal on the trade. The Raptor what I wanted originally, but the pricing here is nuts. When I was shopping originally everyone wanted 10-25k over MSRP. I refuse to pay over MSRP, so I wasn’t getting one, but I couldn’t take the Tacoma’s sluggishness and 0 power anymore. Even geared it was a terrible drive anywhere that had any uphill sections. When our Ford rep came in and offered me a great deal on a trade, I took it.

Are you a member over at idpor? Most of the AZ folks from TW migrated over there. If you aren’t there, you should definitely join, the forum is run by former TW folk and I am sure everyone would love to see you there

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man! That is me! I thought that might have been you. I go a great deal on the trade. The Raptor what I wanted originally, but the pricing here is nuts. When I was shopping originally everyone wanted 10-25k over MSRP. I refuse to pay over MSRP, so I wasn’t getting one, but I couldn’t take the Tacoma’s sluggishness and 0 power anymore. Even geared it was a terrible drive anywhere that had any uphill sections. When our Ford rep came in and offered me a great deal on a trade, I took it.

Are you a member over at idpor? Most of the AZ folks from TW migrated over there. If you aren’t there, you should definitely join, the forum is run by former TW folk and I am sure everyone would love to see you there

I am not on that forum. I think I'm registered but not active really. I've been on FRF a little more as the wallet starts to get lighter. I usually dont frequent forums much anymore.

Santan ford is retarded marking them up.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
I have a few small updates from the folks over at ADS. The prototypes are coming along. They sent me the following photos:
50F7A279-6176-42CD-B96E-75475C6B2645.jpeg
6E4428FA-1AC8-4E11-952A-A8967DF5F0C1.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
FD18EEF8-4F9C-4750-8139-A14AE77528BF.jpeg Here is a new update from ADS. The rear shocks are looking great!

I was a little late posting this, it is from the beginning of the month but it’s getting close.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
Rears are done! Fronts shouldn’t be too far behind. I can’t wait to see how they turn out7F8961AB-4961-413B-8020-29C17E4B389D.jpeg
DA455FAB-0FEC-449F-98AF-F2B9702F396F.jpeg