GEN 2 New suspension from ADS (in progress)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cosmo

Reaction score
Hey all, I am relatively new here, and I have done more lurking than posting. I have really appreciated everything that everyone has contributed and the knowledge everyone has shared has helped me make the decisions on the few mods I have done to my truck.

When I was searching for a suspension, I was reading everyone's reviews and I was looking at the Kings which came very highly recommended, and the Fox Suspension as well, which also came highly recommended. I also had a chance to try out the ICON Stage 4 on a friend's truck and having had an Icon setup on my last truck, I knew they were excellent as well. So I was facing a tough choice. I reached out to a few people to get some advice and to see if there were any options I missed. Someone recommended ADS Racing. I was not entirely familiar with them but I decided to do a little research and actually started a dialogue with the company and I wanted to share the info with everyone here.

First, I have no affiliation with ADS outside of the current work they are doing on my truck, so this is not a shill, just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. As the process moves forward, if there are folks interested in seeing more, I will post the updates they send me for anyone who wishes to follow along.

Upon checking the ADS website, I was having trouble finding the Gen 2 suspension offering. I contacted ADS and a gentleman named Tyler e-mailed me back the following morning. He informed me that they did not have an offering but were interested in the development of one. I noticed they were in Arizona as well, but they are in Tucson and I am in Tempe, so it is about a 2 hour drive. Through some correspondence, I offered to loan them my truck to begin the development of the suspension.

I made the drive down today with a buddy and picked up a loaner car and went to check out the ADS operation and loan them my truck.

It was a great experience overall. I met with Tyler who gave me a tour of their facilities and introduced me to a few members of their crew. They had some incredible suspensions on the shelves. We discussed his vision for the Gen 2 Raptor suspension and gave him my input on what I was looking for and some of the feedback I had read from members of this site. It was great, a very collaborative experience.

I snapped off a couple pics when I was there. I felt odd roaming around and snapping photos but I will share a few with you guys.

IMG_8842.JPG IMG_8845.JPG
IMG_8843.JPG

There was also a garage in the building across the street and all of the laser cutting machines and lathes and machinery were in the back. I did not photograph those, but the facility was quite impressive, and the staff was wonderful.

I dropped the truck off around 2:00 today. In our talks over the past couple weeks, they told me they would not get a chance to look at it until tomorrow, so I was quite surprised to open my email when I arrive home 2 hours later to find this e-mail and photo waiting for me.

IMG_8849.jpg
IMG_8827.JPG

As I said, I will add information as I get for anyone who is interested. I am pretty excited to see how this turns out. Thanks for reading and if anyone has info they would like to share, I would love to hear it. Thanks guys!

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cosmo interested to see your development. Is this ADS first attempt at the gen2? Itll take some time for them to do enough R&D to get it tuned I would imagine.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
Following! Curious to see where this goes. What’s price point looking at vs king or fox?

I have been curious about the pricing as well, especially since it’s a question mark and there is a lot going into it. However, in speaking with the folks over there, the first impression I have is that it will be a bit cheaper than the Fox or King offerings. However, I’m not entirely sure and I don’t want to speak out of place. I have an update they sent me, which I can add here shortly. I will add the info as I have it. He did mention that preliminarily they are expecting fabrication, research and development to take at least 4-6 weeks.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
@Cosmo interested to see your development. Is this ADS first attempt at the gen2? Itll take some time for them to do enough R&D to get it tuned I would imagine.

This does seem to be their first gen 2. I really liked their gen1 offering which is part of what caused me to consider this. They mentioned at least 4-6 weeks on development, R&D.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
714C070E-D4E8-44E7-B986-F08A95800452.jpeg
Here is photo I received yesterday afternoon of a preliminary mock up of resi and the upper shock mounts. Obviously these are just mount testing and measurements but I stopped by and paid them a visit and I was able to see the CAD renderings of the rear shocks. They look incredible. It looks like the rear will be a multi-tube bypass, but the specs were unclear yet. I should know more soon...I hope. I am quite excited.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 121094
Here is photo I received yesterday afternoon of a preliminary mock up of resi and the upper shock mounts. Obviously these are just mount testing and measurements but I stopped by and paid them a visit and I was able to see the CAD renderings of the rear shocks. They look incredible. It looks like the rear will be a multi-tube bypass, but the specs were unclear yet. I should know more soon...I hope. I am quite excited.
Looks good. How does ADS do internal bypass?

OP
OP
C

Cosmo

Reaction score
Looks good. How does ADS do internal bypass?

I am not entirely sure what the final plan for this will be. I am expecting to hear more from them in the next few days/week I believe they will both be external, but beyond that I don’t want to misrepresent any details. If I had to speculate, I am guessing a 4 tube, adjustable shock with external bypass, as that is what the rendering seemed to match most closely from their website...but again, right now I don’t hace the full details, so I don’t want to misrepresent anything.

Here is a photo from their site that most closely matches the preliminary rendering I saw, from the best of my memory.

8160FB51-6F0F-4BE5-AA18-EADF633E9935.jpeg

Btw were you previously a member of Tacoma World?

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what the final plan for this will be. I am expecting to hear more from them in the next few days/week I believe they will both be external, but beyond that I don’t want to misrepresent any details. If I had to speculate, I am guessing a 4 tube, adjustable shock with external bypass, as that is what the rendering seemed to match most closely from their website...but again, right now I don’t hace the full details, so I don’t want to misrepresent anything.

Here is a photo from their site that most closely matches the preliminary rendering I saw, from the best of my memory.

View attachment 121102

Btw were you previously a member of Tacoma World?
You plan on running a standard coil bucket coilover with secondary bypass? A single coilover doesnt have external bypasses in the front IIRC.