GEN 2 New Silver Rappy With Geolander MTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded up to this silver 2018 with 15k mi back on 3/4/20 waited until I got new tires on to post. 2018 802A, Beadlocks, Pano, Factory Spray Bedliner, Tailgate Applique, Factory Tonneau, Graphics, Tailgate Step, Tech Pkg, Whipple CAI. OEM KO2s were almost to the wear bars with 18k on the clock! And they were hydroplaning. Previous Raptor was a 2018 Leadfoot with 65k on the clock. Since I know you guys are going to ask me about the difference between the KM3s and the Yokohama Geolander G003s, I'll just go ahead and tell you. I just got them put on today, but they are much quieter than the KM3s (even when new). I haven't had the chance to offroad them yet (only dry pavement so far) but will update when I do. The KM3s traction was superb, but they did get very loud after 40k mi, and they were harder to balance out. These Yokos are more aggressive looking and slightly wider (13.2") than the BFGs. These are 35x12.5x17 (actually 34.7x13.2x17), weigh 71#, and are "E" rated. SILVER1.jpg SILVER2.jpg SILVER5.jpg SILVER6.jpg SILVER7.jpg

Last edited:

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Did you sell your old Raptor privately? Did you find the lower mileage Raptor at a dealership?

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded up to this silver 2018 with 15k mi back on 3/4/20 waited until I got new tires on to post. 2018 802A, Beadlocks, Pano, Factory Spray Bedliner, Tailgate Applique, Factory Tonneau, Graphics, Tailgate Step, Tech Pkg, Whipple CAI. OEM KO2s were almost to the wear bars with 18k on the clock! And they were hydroplaning. Previous Raptor was a 2018 Leadfoot with 65k on the clock. Since I know you guys are going to ask me about the difference between the KM3s and the Yokohama Geolander G003s, I'll just go ahead and tell you. I just got them put on today, but they are much quieter than the KM3s (even when new). I haven't had the chance to offroad them yet (only dry pavement so far) but will update when I do. The KM3s traction was superb, but they did get very loud after 40k mi, and they were harder to balance out. These Yokos are more aggressive looking and slightly wider (13.2") than the BFGs. These are 35x12.5x17 (actually 34.7x13.2x17), weigh 71#, and are "E" rated. View attachment 140543 View attachment 140544 View attachment 140546 View attachment 140547 View attachment 140548
Those tires look good. What’d they cost?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I agree with you on the BFG KM3`s they are loud and they do wear a little faster with highway driving. When it came to balancing them they had to rotate each tire on the rim several times to get it to the point of needing the least amount of weight, but they dug like a Groundhog, back when groundhogs were tires.

Did you consider Nitto`s mud/trail Grappler?

OP
OP
500mag

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I agree with you on the BFG KM3`s they are loud and they do wear a little faster with highway driving. When it came to balancing them they had to rotate each tire on the rim several times to get it to the point of needing the least amount of weight, but they dug like a Groundhog, back when groundhogs were tires.

Did you consider Nitto`s mud/trail Grappler?
Thanks. I did look at them, liked the looks of them, but not the weight. I had Ridge Grapplers on my F-250 and I wasn't crazy about them. I would probably get the Toyo MTs over those if I were going heavier. These are quieter than the TG according to the experts at Southern Off Road Specialties. One of the guys there has an 18 Raptor with the Yokos and took me for a ride in it, was impressed.