GEN 1 New shocks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I got around 230,000KM's on my 2010, rebuilt the shocks a couple times and I am now thinking of just going with complete new all around. They just aren't feeling the same anymore from new to rebuilt. At what mileage have you others been replacing with brand new all around? Or have you just been rebuilding more than a couple times etc.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive never had mine rebuilt, have always just replaced, next time, I think I will just move up to 3.0's, but i'm going to wear the sh-t out of these first, until they start leaking.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my overdue originals off at 85k. The drivers front had started to leak a little, all in all they didn’t look too bad considering but rode like shit for sure.

Edit: Replaced with brand new OEM and having the originals rebuilt as spares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trooper

Reaction score
I just took my overdue originals off at 85k. The drivers front had started to leak a little, all in all they didn’t look too bad considering but rode like shit for sure.

Edit: Replaced with brand new OEM and having the originals rebuilt as spares.

What did you pay for the new ones with labor if you don't mind me asking?

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had picked up the new shocks from rock auto a couple years ago and I think they were around 350 or so a piece back then. Labor wise I had a local guy install the new ones, mid perch them, throw on all new brakes too while we were at it and a couple other things it was a long day and I paid him 1500. Which includes leaving him the old ones for a rebuild. So I don't really know what it was to break out the shock labor. And I'm happy knowing the install was legit because I was there the whole time with him.

Trooper

Reaction score
So ballpark about $2,000? I'm looking to replace mine and not sure I want to go the rebuild route. It seems a lot of guys on here have mixed reviews on rebuilds.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d figure at least.

I wouldn’t go through all that work and take a chance on rebuilds either, myself.